Private Investigator

His kiss was a sonnet composed in raindrops, a timeless expression that needed no words. The world faded into a blur, leaving only the ethereal connection between their entwined souls and the rhythmic dance of raindrops on their shared umbrella.

In that transient moment, she felt the weight of his love, gentle yet profound, washing over her like the rain that adorned their surroundings. It was a scene painted by the universe itself. 

Ram- Sorry. I didn't ask before...

 Priya- You didn't need to.

Ram's belated query for consent broke the silence between them. But Priya was quick to reply.

His dedication to their relationship had made her so sure of themselves, that she didn't take a second before consenting to all the future kisses from him. Ram was a bit startled at first. Slowly a smile curved on his face. He nuzzled her. She snuggled into his arms. He held her with one arm of his. She wrapped one arm of her around his waist. They started to walk in the rain. 

The sky was clearing. The drops of rain had stopped their rhythmic dance on earth but still lingered. Ram and Priya were lost in each other. Suddenly a voice took them out of their own little world. 

"Good afternoon, sir. Good afternoon mam"

Ram looked to find his personal assistant. Priya's eyes followed his eyes. Soon, she became aware of herself. She pushed Ram to the side. Startled by the incident and the push a little squeaking sound came out of his mouth. But he was quick to cover that up. 

"Good afternoon, Kiran"

Ram quickly replied. Priya replied with a smile.

Ram- You are here!

Kiran- Yes, sir. I live nearby. 

Ram- Near the park? 

Kiran- Yes, sir. 

Ram- Good. See you tomorrow then. 

Kiran- Ok, sir. Have a nice day, mam. 

Ram and Priya smiled at him. Kiran walked away. 

Ram- So, where were we? 

With the question, Ram tried to put his hand on her shoulder once again. But Priya bent her knees and moved away from his encircled arms.  

Priya- Dobara soch na bhi maat, Mr. Kapoor. 

Ram- Why, Priya? We were having such a nice time. 

Priya- Yeah, and then came your PA. How awkward was that? No, no, not again. Keep your PDAs to yourself. 

Ram- Yeah, that was slightly awkward. 

Priya- Slightly? It was really awkward.

Ram- Par mujhe kaise pata hota ki koi asmaan se bhi tapak sakta. 

Priya- Pata nahi tha, par aab to pata chal gaya na? So, no PDA from now on. And look, the rain has stopped. Let's go home now. If we stay in these wet clothes for any longer, no one will be able to save you from cold and fever. 

Saying this Priya started to walk towards their car. Ram followed her sulking like a little boy. 

Ram- ye PA kaha kaha se tapakte hain. I'll fire him!

Priya- You'll do nothing of that sort. What would he do? His house was here. He saw us. So, he greeted us as per his habit. Understood? 

Ram- Understood mam. 

Priya- Now let's go back. 

.
.
.

The next day, an irritated Ram was fidgeting with his pen, completely oblivious to the files spread in front of him.