Roses

Priya had made six coupons for Ram. For the six days before Valentine's Day. She hid all the coupons in her diary. She kept her diary with her. Her plan was to give Ram one coupon for each gift he brought. For the day, she chose to wear the dress she had worn on their first dinner. 

Shivi- Pri di, Pri di. Tell me, na. Did you get roses yesterday? 

Shivi asked Priya while jumping around her, while she was checking the bakery account. 

Priya- What roses?

Shivi- Didn't Ram vai give you any roses yesterday? 

Priya- No. Why? 

Shivi- Strange! Yesterday was the rose day.

Priya- What is the rose day? 

Shivi- Pri di, I told you na? It is Valentine's week.

Priya- O. No I didn't get any.

Shivi- Mein abhi jaake Ram vai se baat karti hun. 

Shivi was about to run to her phone when Pri held her hand. 

Priya- Shivi, Shivi, listen to me. It's nothing of importance.

Shivi- What are you saying? It is so freaking important! This is your first Valentine's ever. I want to make it special for you.

Priya- You really do?

Shivi- Of course! Duh. 

Priya- Then where are my roses? 

Shivi- I am going to talk to Ram Vai regarding that. 

Priya- I was asking for roses from you. 

Shivi- From me?

Priya- Ha, you said "you" wanted to make the week special for me. 

Shivi- But it has to be given by Ram vai, na? 

Priya- Exactly. It has to be given by him. If you push him to give me something, then how is it from him? Then it'd be from you, no? It depends on him whether he wants to give me roses or not. It depends on us whether we want to celebrate it or not. You can't force someone to celebrate something that is meant to be celebrated privately, right? Everyone has a personal boundary. 

Shivi- Yeah, but... I'm not forcing Ram vai. He always has been very excited about celebrating this. That's why. And you'd be so happy and then Akki would be so happy. 

Priya- Shivi, I understand your thought and feeling about us. But you can't force someone to do something in order to be happy, right? 

Shivi- You are right. I shouldn't interfere here. So, silly I am! What would I do without you Pri di? 

Priya- [Smiling] You'd do just fine. You are such a sweet girl. You always care about others.

Shivi hugged Priya. 

Shivi- You too, sweet Pri di. I love you a lot. Achha, I have to go to my boutique. So, see you later! 

Priya- Bye. 

Shivi left for her boutique. Priya stood there in confusion. 

"Rose day has passed. But he didn't give me roses. According to Shivi, he always has been excited about it and wanted to celebrate the whole week. Perhaps not with me but with someone else. And that person is in jail now. Is he sad about that? Does he still love Vedika and only for the sake of justice he... No, no, no. What are you thinking, Priya? He cares about you so much. But he is like that. He cares about everyone. Perhaps he doesn't like me the way I am imagining. What happened to you, Priya? Why are you imagining things and being sad about them? You had decided there will be only friendship between you and him. Then why? Where did I get the idea?"