Belonging

After Priya freshens up everybody settles down to have their dinner. This astonishes Ram. 

Ram- [In a low voice] Meera auntie, do you always eat together? 

Meera- Ha, Ram. At least, at the dinner. Why? Don't you? 

Ram- Na auntie. Everyone is so busy at home. 

With that answer, Ram tries to smile a  bit. The melancholy in that smile doesn't go unnoticed to Meera. She feels something for this lost child who was watching the bustling dinner table with excitement, melancholy, and longingness in his eyes. 

Unknowingly, Meera puts her hand on Ram's head and asks if she should serve him. The sudden unexpected warmth- the warmth of a mother brings tears to Ram's eyes. He nods his head in a yes. With a content smile and a pair of blurred eyes, Ram starts eating everything Meera serves her. The Sood siblings also suggest to him what to try and what to not. 

The vibrant dinner table gives Ram an unexpected gift that he was searching for for so long. Peace, and a sense of belonging. Soon he forgets about Bri's to-do list and joins the chitter-chatter of the Sood siblings. 

That night in the midst of the bustling environment another pair of eyes saw Ram's blurred happy eyes.

Priya was downright annoyed with the treatment Ram was getting. 

Everybody loves Ram. 

She can't understand why. It seemed that he was the center of attraction at that dinner. And Ram's smile. He smiles and laughs so much. How happy is his life- Priya wondered. 

Wondered- at the dinner table. Is she still wondering? Not anymore. After everyone has gone to sleep, Priya is working on some notes and thinks about what was that she saw today. Ram's eyes, his blurred eyes. At first, she thought he had something in his eyes, dust or lash may be. But then she noticed how he was trying to hold back those tears. A smile on face and tears in eyes. What was going on inside that man? Priya had never seen tears in a man's eyes. Not until now. 

Does everybody love Ram? 

A question appears in Priya's mind. A simple dinner made that man cry. How lonely he must be!

It is midnight. Sara is listening to the timeless classic song. 

Tum itna jo mukura rahe ho 

Kya gum hain jisko chhupa rahe ho

This song is perfect for that man- Priya thinks. Unknowingly, Priya hums the song. After ages, Priya hums a song. 

Midnight in Kapoor mansion is a bit different tonight. Shivi is once again on her binge-eating adventure. Apparently, the reason was her missed period. Suddenly she noticed she was late for about a month. This freaks her out. She never misses her period. What if she's....

Shivi can't think straight. She ordered some pregnancy kits online. Next morning will the morning for the test. She can't stop eating her chips and cola. 

In the other room, Ram is preparing to sleep. He's so sleepy tonight. He thinks to himself, Meera auntie fed him too much tonight. Ram tries to remember when was the last time someone had fed him like this. He can't remember. Probably his mother did. But he was too young to remember that. Ram picks up his mom's photo from the nightstand. He was only seven when he lost his mother to cancer. After that, he had forgotten what a mother's affection feels like. 

Ram- Maa, today after ages I felt like you were feeding me. 

Tears trickle down his cheeks. But happy tears. He was lost. Today he found a place on earth where he was so warmly welcomed by a mother's affection. 

He lies down. It doesn't take much time for him to sleep. 

Perhaps after ages, 

Ram is sleeping...

Without any medication......