Where the heart lies

Ram was going to say something more but was interrupted by Sara. Sara was trying to calm everyone down, especially her little sister. Priya scoffed. While Adi was trying to calm down Ram. 

After both of them stopped for a moment. Sara proposed that they should learn the truth from Shivi. 

Sara- Shivi, you tell us. Whatever you have told Priya, is that true? Is your family forcing you into the marriage? 

Shivi- Yes, I've told the truth. But I didn't mean that Ram vai was forcing me or torturing me. 

Priya stopped for a moment listening to Shivi. Suddenly she became angry & irritated with her. 

Priya- Is Mr. Kapoor here out of your family?

A normal question. For most people it's not even a question but an angry statement. More like a taunt. But for Ram, it was a genuine question. Is he really a part of the family? Was he ever a part of the family? Isn't he always the outsider, the provider, the caretaker? His face becomes clouded. His heart wrenches at that question. But as usual, nobody notices. Priya continues to scold Akki and Shivi for lying to her. While the couple tries their best to explain their situation. 

Ram comes back to reality as Adi calls him back. 

Adi- Ram, what are you thinking? We have to bring Shivi home. 

Ram- Haan? ha.. We have to. Miss Priya, listen. It's between me and my sister. Let me talk to her. Thanks for the water and thanks for the melodrama. Shivi, let's go. 

Shivi comes back at Kapoor mansion with her brother. There Nandini and Shubhu are all worked up. As soon as they see Ram and Shivi they run to snath Shivi away from Ram.

Ram stops them. He makes Shivi sit, gives her a glass of water, and kneels before her. 

Ram- Shivi, bacchi, what happened? Tell me. I'll handle everything. You know I can't watch you crying. Please, tell me. 

Shivi breaks apart hearing the assurance. She cries profusely and tells Ram Everything. Ram gets shocked. 

Ram- What I was going to do? Why didn't you tell me this? 

Shivi- Vai, mom and Shubhu really didn't want me to marry Akki. Akki is from a middle class family na, that's why. I told Akki that we should elope and marry. But he didn't want to do that. He was ready to give me up, just like that. I too, tried hard to forget him. But I just couldn't. Perhaps I love him more than he loves me. What can I do vai? My heart just beats for Akki. 

Ram listens to his baby sister with tear filled eyes. Who can know more than himself about the pain of love? 

Ram- Don't you worry. I'll fix everything. You won't have to marry against your will. Not now, not ever. 

After pacifying Shivi Ram gets up and declares that nobody should taunt his Shivi for anything and goes away. 

Ram and Adi again goes to Sood house. There they see some cops on the front door.