Mine

Ram spent a hectic day. He couldn't come home with Priya. He came home late. Around 10 pm. 

Upon arriving he went straight to the dining table. Whenever he came home late Priya waited for him at the dinner table. But he didn't find her on that day. Ram asked Tarun Priya's whereabouts. Tarun informed him that Priya was in the bedroom and hadn't had her dinner. 

Ram was about to go to the bedroom when Vedika stood before him. 

Vedika- Ram, you are here. It's so late. You don't take care of yourself at all. That's why you fell ill.

Ram- I'm fine now, Vedika. I... I need to go. 

Vedika- Where are you going? You need to eat, come. I'll serve you.

Ram- Vedika, Priya's waiting for me.

Vedika- But I checked on her. She's sleeping. 

Ram- She's sleeping! 

Vedika- Ha, Ram. 

Ram was about to go from there. Vedika called him again. 

Vedika- Ram, kabhi to apna khyaal raakh liya karo. 

Ram- [Smiling] Mere khyaal raakh ne ke liya Priya hain na. 

Saying this Ram went to their room. Vedika was shocked to see the extinct to which Ram had started to depend on Priya. 

*

The door to their room was ajar. Ram sat beside a sleeping Priya. He called her by her name slowly. Priya moved a bit. She slightly opened her eyes. 

Priya- You are home. 

Ram- Ha. Let's eat, Priya. 

Priya- Mr. Kapoor, can you eat alone tonight? I'm sorry, but I can't...

Ram- But Tarun said you haven't eaten anything. 

Priya- I am not hungry. 

Ram- How? Ek second. Do you have a fever? Are you feeling nauseated? Why do you look so pale? 

Priya- I...

Ram- Tell me, Priya. What happened? 

Priya was hesitating. But she understood Ram wouldn't move without listening to the reason. Priya spoke in a lower tone. 

Priya- I'm on my period and it's hurting a lot today. 

Ram became concerned for her. He had seen his little sister cry in pain sometimes. Shivi was always open about her problems. And for any problem, she had always run to her Ram vai. So Ram had a good knowledge of this matter. 

Ram- Did you take any medicine? 

Priya- No. 

Ram- Uff, Priya, I know you are a member of the anti-medicine party. But you should not tolerate all the pain of the world when there is a remedy. I'll tell Tarun to bring some food and I have the medicine you need. 

Priya- Mr. Kapoor, please. I don't want to eat. 

Ram- Aise kaise chalega, Priya. Achha, you lie down and take a rest, ok? 

Priya lay down again. She was wincing in pain. Ram felt like he was in pain seeing her like this. He came down and told Tarun to make a sweet corn soup and prepare a hot water bag. He went to freshen up. 

After half an hour, Tarun knocked on the door. Ram took the soup, his dinner, and the hot water bag from Tarun. He pushed the door with his leg and took everything to the table. 

Ram tried to wake up Priya again. Priya opened her eyes. 

Priya- What happened, Mr. Kapoor? 

Ram- Tarun has cooked soup for you, Priya. Waste nahi jana chahiye, na?