chapter 3

"What are you doing?" When Jiang Yanxin saw Chen Wan picking up Zai Zai, so she immediately became anxious. Zai Zai is the biggest motivation for her to live in this world, Without Zai Zai, Jiang Yanxin might not be able to survive for so long.

Zai Zai also opened her small mouth and teardrops already started to come out of her eyes but she still held back not to cry loudly, she only dared to sob softly, "Mommy, don't throw away Yang Yang, okay? Yang Yang is good, i don't eat a lot, and i'm not naughty, Mommy, don't throw Yangyang to monsters, Yangyang is afraid~"

After living in such an environment for more than three months, even a child has already understood what not to do specially shouting loudly which would attract monsters. The original body tried to threw away Zai Zai several times but was stopped by Jiang Yanxin everytime but it still left a deep psychological shadow on Zai Zai, so when Chen Wan picked Zai Zai up, Zai Zai subconsciously thought that Chen Wan is going to abandon her again.

Chen Wan didn't expect a child to be so sensible, so she said to Zai Zai softly, "I won't throw you away, it's because you are still young and you walked too slowly, Mommy is afraid that the bad guys will come and arrest us, Mommy is holding you and walking so that we can hurry up, we have to get out of here quickly."

Chen Wan was explaining to Zai Zai, and even explaining to Jiang Yanxin who was on the side, she just saw that Jiang Yanxin couldn't carry Zai Zai anymore, so she quickly picked up Zai Zai, after all, they were running for their life now.

Chen Wan carried Zai Zai and glanced at Jiang Yanxin and said, "Let's go." Jiang Yanxin looked at Chen Wan suspiciously and she always felt that something was wrong with Chen Wan tonight, she seemed to be a different person but the current situation is too late for her to think about it, there might be a glimmer of hope in running away with Chen Wan, so she hurried and followed in Chen Wan's footsteps.

Fortunately, the zombies in this area were once cleaned up by Zhang Qiang's gang, so apart from the zombie just now, Chen Wan and the others did not encounter a second zombie along the way. Ten minutes later, the three walked to a tall building, In front there are some advertising icons before the end of the world on the high-rise building, which are looming under the moonlight. Most of the low-rise buildings near the building have been burned and only their skeletons remain. There are also a few intact residential buildings but they have broken windows and doors.

There are two ways before Chen Wan, one is to find a place to hide outside the building, so that you don't have to go into the building to face unknown risks but if you don't go in, you may be discovered by Zhang Qiang's people, after all the terrain outside is not as complicated as inside the building, and it's easy to hide; the other way is to enter the building and find a place to hide, but Chen Wan is not sure what is inside the building.

Chen Wan thought for a few seconds, she didn't have time to waste here, obviously the chance of surviving in the building was higher, and she could see if she could find some survival supplies, thinking of that Chen Wan resolutely entered the building. She and Jiang Yanxin lowered their footsteps as much as possible, the whole building is dark and even Jiang Yanxin couldn't help getting closer to Chen Wan and holding a corner of Chen Wan's clothes slightly.

Chen Wan asked the system to turn on the scanning function and she carefully observed the surrounding movement while trying not to make any noise. Chen Wan took Jiang Yanxin up the stairs from the emergency exit to the fourth floor and encountered two zombies in the corridor. Fortunately, there was a systematic scanning function. Chen Wan handed the cub in her arms to Jiang Yanxin, gave a soft "shush", then turned around and carefully approached the two slow-response zombies with an axe.

A little closer to Chen Wan is a female zombie. I don't know what happened to her but Her neck was tilted to one side, and there was a big wound on it and She moved really slow. Chen Wan took advantage of the wound on her neck and struck the ax on that place, the head of the zombie fell to the ground, and the body also went limp.

However, the movement on Chen Wan's left side alarmed the tall male zombie wandering by the security door on the fourth floor. The male zombie turned around and approached Chen Wan bit by bit. the low-level zombies move slowly and they can't do anything good. When Chen Wan got down to the platform between the third and fourth floors, she suddenly kicked the zombie's chest. However, her current body is really weak. The chicken leg wasn't powerful so it only kicked the male zombie against the wall with one kick. Taking advantage of this moment, Chen Wan tightly held the handle of the ax with both hands and slashed at the male zombie's neck.

But the male zombie in front of her is really rough and fleshy. Chen Wan only split half of it with an axe and the ax got stuck on the zombie's spine. Chen Wan tried but failed to pull it out. The male zombie stood up again at this moment and is about to pounce on Chen Wan with his hand outstretched. Chen Wan took off her jacket and quickly wrapped the zombie's arm that's reaching out to her and exerted all her strength with one hand, Clutching the jacket firmly to prevent the zombie from breaking free, she put her foot on the zombie's chest and pulled out the ax with her right hand. Finally, with the help of her legs, Chen Wan pulled the ax from the zombie's neck, The rancid blood of the zombies splashed everywhere, covering Chen Wan's body. What's more, she herself  flashed and fell to the ground.

Although the zombies moved slowly, they were very close to Chen Wan. Seeing Chen Wan fell to the ground, the zombies already rushed towards Chen Wan. When Chen Wan came to her senses, she had already been crushed by the zombies. The stench from the zombie made Chen Wan almost vomit while The mouth of the male zombie almost bite her

Chen Wan couldn't care less about nausea at this moment, she pressed her hands against the zombie's chin desperately but the strength of the zombie is too great, even though Chen Wan had learned a lot of fighting skills, she is being crushed by the zombie right now so she can't used it at all and it seems that she will not last for long.

Jiang Yanxin is very worried when she saw the figure of Chen Wan wrestling with the zombie. She hated Chen Wan but if Chen Wan died, she and her daughter would probably not live for long. Jiang Yanxin put the child at the corner of the stairs on the third floor and whispered: "Yangyang, you stay here obediently, mother will go help Mommy." Knowing that the child is obedient and sensible, she didn't explain too much, she took a broken wooden stick in the corridor and rushed up to the platform between the third and fourth floors.

Jiang Yanxin saw that the veins on Chen Wan's arms were already bulging and knowing that the three of them would probably die if she waited any longer she immediately raised the wooden stick in her hand and slapped the zombie's neck and back fiercely. It has only been three months since zombies appeared on planet R2. Fortunately, the zombies now are just zombies with little intelligence in the early stage. The male zombie lying on the ground is no exception, His neck was hit by someone, which completely angered him, he slightly loosened the hand embedded in Chen Wan's shoulder and slowly stood up.

Of course, Jiang Yanxin also saw the movement of the male zombie, So she ran up a few steps and looked down at the zombie then She tightened the stick in her hand. Jiang Yanxin knew very well that the stick in her hand is no threat to the zombie. If Chen Wan didn't make a move, her situation cannot be optimistic, not to mention her daughter is still in the stairwell on the third floor, which makes Jiang Yanxin even more anxious.

Chen Wan was almost bitten by the male zombie just now. At this moment, she smell very badly, which is extremely unpleasant, and her shoulders were hurt by the zombie, but she didn't have much time to think, because the male zombie is already slowly walking up the steps and not far above the steps is Jiang Yanxin.

Chen Wan picked up the axe, ran a few steps and jumped up with the force of inertia, her legs firmly pressed forward against the zombie's back. At the same time, taking advantage of the gap before the zombie could react, Chen Wan waved the ax to slashed at the zombie's spine desperately. After four strikes, the zombie under her legs stopped struggling. Chen Wan's body was splattered with foul-smelling blood, to the point where she can't take a breath. She hurriedly got up from the zombie, and whispered to Jiang Yanxin, "Its dead, go carry the baby, the blood on my body smell too strong, I'm afraid it will irritate the child."

After speaking, Chen Wan frowned and went downstairs first. Jiang Yanxin who was still on the small platform was still in shock. The reason why they lived for more than three months in the apocalypse was that most of the time they just hid and ran when they encountered zombies. It was the first time she touched zombies just now and her hands is still shaking a little, but its Dangerous everywhere, maybe she will encounter zombies again.

Jiang Yanxin didn't dare to delay, she threw away the broken wooden stick in her hand, and picked up Zai Zai, but the arms holding Zai Zai were still shaking a little. She and Zai Zai hadn't eaten for several days. the food they gave them was all rotten and spoiled, it was all due to willpower that she could still hold the cubs at this moment.

Zai Zai's small face is full of tears but she was holding it back and did not dare to cry loudly. Now her mother came to pick her up and Zai Zai lay in her mother's arms aggrieved and whimpered softly. She just saw a bad guy pressing Mommy under his body and trying to eat her, so she's scared to death. Although Mommy wanted to throw her away several times, she still carried her just now, so She didn't want anything to happen to Mommy. 

Zai Zai rubbed against Jiang Yanxin's arms and looked at Chen Wan covered in blood under the moonlight on the platform, she sobbed softly and asked: "Mom, why is Mommy covered in blood, will she die? I don't want Mommy to die~" "Your mommy is fine, the blood on her body is from the monsters, Yang Yang don't be afraid." Jiang Yanxin comforted Zai Zai and hurriedly walk up.  

Chen Wan vaguely heard Zai Zai talking to Jiang Yanxin, but she didn't pay much attention to it. The most urgent thing now is to find a safe place to spend the night. Chen Wan walked to the fourth floor, opened the fire door of the shopping mall lightly, stepped in and checked by herself, and when she saw that there was nothing wrong, she signaled Jiang Yanxin to follow.  

The fourth floor of this shopping mall is a food court, Chen Wan looked around vigilantly. After staying in the dark for a long time, she could already see something clearly. they stopped in front of an imported snack shop. She lowered her voice and said to Jiang Yanxin beside her: "I'll go in and have a look, wait for me here, I'll be back soon."  

Jiang Yanxin looked at Chen Wan who is covered in blood, and replied in a low voice: "Okay." she really had no strength, so she could only make a shush gesture to Zai Zai and put Zai Zai on the ground. Seeing that Mommy doesn't won't die, Zai Zai didn't cry much now and her little hands nervous held her mother's hand and waited for mommy.