chapter 56

The words of the bald head immediately aroused people's yearning. Even a man who was planning to go to the base in Yuezhou City couldn't help asking: "Is it really that safe?" "Sure, there are already many safe areas in the city. They have all been transferred to Punan City. Our base is almost ready but who would have thought that we would leave in a few days? When this happens, the military must be in a state of distress, and there is no time to take care of us. Why else did people transfer to Punan City?" The more the bald head spoke, the more uncomfortable he became. "Then the safest place in our province is in Punan. Shall we go to Punan together?" another man interjected. "Okay, to be honest, I really don't know what to do by myself. I was also going to asked the same thing. If we are together, there will be someone to take care of me." The bald head said immediately.  

Jiang Yanxin and Qin Ke glanced at each other, and probably knew some information from the conversations of those people. "It seems that the nuclear leak this time is more serious than we thought. Fortunately, we didn't actually drive over." Jiang Yanxin was also terrified on Being exposed to the overload of radioactive material, that kind of death is more shocking than ordinary way of death and Much more uncomfortable. "However if Punan City is safe according to these people, then your family is probably fine." Qin Ke continued while looking out the window. "I hope too." Jiang Yanxin looked at the west-slanting sunlight outside the window, while thinking. 

Although the people outside were curious about the people in the RV, they had survived for more than a month in the apocalypse and knew that they should not be nosy, so no one came to knock on the door. The atmosphere together is good, a bonfire was lit in the open space, and a group of people talked and ate around the bonfire. Chen Wan slept for a while and then woke up it's already dark, Jiang Yanxin and the others left food for Chen Wan. Chen Wan is drinking eight-treasure porridge while watching Jiang Yanxin tease Zai Zai. Qin Ke told Chen Wan what she had heard in the afternoon. She looked at the crowd by the bonfire not far away, and said in a daze, "It would be great if it wasn't the end of the world. The atmosphere is like a tour group traveling." "Yes, it would be great if it wasn't the end of the world."

After Qin Ke finished speaking, there was a short silence. Just as Chen Wan is about to finished drinking the porridge, there's a strange sound in the grass in the distance, like the footsteps of something, it wasn't one or two people, but a group of people. "What's that sound?" Chen Wan is puzzled and at the same time asked the system to lower all the steel plates of the RV except the front windshield to protect the safety of the RV. When she spoke, she had already got up and walked towards the driver's seat. When Chen Wan saw the scene not far away, she couldn't help but froze for a moment and then hurriedly said: "Yan Xin, take Yang Yang and fasten your seat belt, we may be in trouble."  

Qin Ke hurried to the cockpit, and was also taken aback by the scene in front of her. She didn't know what's in the distance but it was running towards the service area at a fast speed with glowing red eyes. The group of people by the bonfire outside obviously realized it too, and hurried back to their cars to run away. Chen Wan had already sat in the cockpit and stepped on the accelerator, the RV accelerated and rushed out but as it was too dark, Chen Wan had to turn on the headlights but this also made the RV another target. After seeing the moving RV, a few red-eyed creatures turned to chase after the RV, and the others rushed directly to the service area just now.  

Chen Wan asked the system in her mind while stepping on the gas pedal: "System, what are those behind?" "Congratulations host, Those creatures are mutated cows. They are huge in size and much more violent than ordinary zombies. Their lethality is beyond comparison with ordinary zombies." The cold mechanical voice of the system echoed in Chen Wan's mind. Chen Wan even wondered if the system is mocking her. Aren't they being chased by these things now? What is there to congratulate?