chapter 7

Chen Wan wasn't impulsive either. The side where the sand sculpture sunflower was thrown just now has no sound. The thing should have been trampled to pieces by the group of zombies. A shrill DJ song rang out in the empty supermarket but Chen Wan didn't listen to it. However it should be a popular song on Planet R2. She didn't stay any longer and quickly jumped from the top of the shelf to the ground. At the same time, she frantically ran to the passage leading to the garage on the other side which has no zombies in this passage.  

Chen Wan didn't dare to delay at all and walked quickly towards the truck. At the same time, she quickly scanned the cars around her, picked up the handle of the narrow knife in her hand, smashed the glass of the driver's cab beside her and opened the door.  

The previous training of the Special Forces included dealing with emergencies. Even without a key, Chen Wan knew how to start the car. The sound of her breaking the glass was not too loud. Fortunately the zombies were already attracted by the loud music in the supermarket. She noticed that there were not many zombies on her side and the sound of her knocking on the glass was only for a moment and the noise was not as loud as in the supermarket.  

Chen Wan calmed down, connected the wires in the car to turn on the ignition, stepped on the accelerator until the front of the car was lightly attached to the body of the truck. This movement was a bit loud, but fortunately, low-level zombies have limited intelligence, and were attracted by all the sounds in the supermarket. They should not be able to react for a while. Chen Wan didn't dare to relax, and drove three more cars in a row close to the truck. 

And just after the last car approached the truck, the mechanical voice in Chen Wan's mind sounded again: "The basic equipment for synthesizing the RV has been prepared, and now we will start merging the RV. The time required is estimated to be 5 hours and the system commands will now be executed." when the system gave the order, the truck and the four cars formed a clear barrier with everything around them. Chen Wan tried to walk forward but found that she could not enter the barrier.  

The system saw Chen Wan's doubts and explained: "When the vehicle is fused for the first time, a protective barrier will be formed on the vehicle, and the subsequent upgrade will not work. The host can sit in the RV and wait for the upgrade to complete." After listening to the system's explanation, Chen Wan felt relieved but before she could relax, there were faint footsteps at the entrances on both sides of the east and west. She quickly stepped back a little, hid on the side of a private car and quietly observed the movement of these zombies.  

Sure enough, a few minutes later, there were about a dozen zombies walking slowly towards the place where the car made the sound just now. They couldn't find the source of the sound and began to walk aimlessly in the basement. Fortunately, there were not many of them. She plan to wait and see what happens tonight.  

She's also really tired right now, sitting on the ground and resting quietly, the high tension of the night made her exhausted, coupled with this weak body, the side of her shoulder that was just grabbed by the male zombie before was in pain for a while but Chen Wan didn't dare to relax. For the next five hours, she still needed to be extremely tense.  

At the same time, even Jiang Yanxin and Chen Yang on the fourth floor heard the movement downstairs. The building was already empty but the sudden shrill music broke the silence like the howling of wild animals. The zombies in the basement were attracted to the supermarket and the zombies in the whole building were walking towards the supermarket for a while. Jiang Yanxin's heart beat faster, there were only three of them in the whole building, Jiang Yanxin knew that the movement downstairs was made by Chen Wan, she tightened the ax in her hand and hoped that Chen Wan would really come back. She couldn't help wondering whether Chen Wan would go back to join Zhang Qiang and betray her again. Anyway its not the first time being betrayed  Chen Wan.