chapter 144

After bidding farewell to the children, Chen Wan and the others went back to Wei Siyu's side and asked a few members of the escort team if there were any place nearby where they could find level 3 mutant animals. By the way they also asked if there were any zoos or parks near Jeolla City one of a kind place.
  The member of the guard who stayed in the base for a while said: "There's a park in the west of Jeolla City but it's not big. It's an ornamental park. There are some animals in it but it's so chaotic in the last days, So maybe they're all gone, you can go to Qingji City to have a look, I heard that there is an unofficial auction place over there, every day there are a lot of scarce materials for auction, the organizer will give the local military a lot of big reward, so it's under the protection of Qingji City's military."
  Chen Wan nodded, "That's fine, thank you, we'll look for it and if we can't find it, we'll go to the auction market you mentioned to try our luck."
  "No, I also just heard gossip from people in the base." The guard replied with a smile.
  After inquiring about the matter and helping Wei Siyu sort out the list in the base, Chen Wan said: "The base has settled down and we are leaving tomorrow." Wei Siyu knew that Chen Wan and the others had something to do, sighed took a deep breath and replied: "Take care, if you finish your work, you can come back to the base to settle down. Don't worry, I will not treat the base as private property like the brothers of the Meng family and I will let everyone have a good life."
  " I know, you are not like them." Chen Wan said with a smile.
  In the evening, Chen Wan and the others packed up and prepared to leave early the next morning. The rain has been intermittent for the past few days. Chen Wan only hopes that the rain will not be too heavy when they leave.
  The vegetables and fruits in the simulated sun room were ripe. Chen Wan looked at the various vegetables inside, as well as the watermelon and other fruits growing in the ground and was shocked. The things growing here looked the same as before the end of the world.
  Zai Zai's eyes lit up when she saw the watermelon and the little meaty finger pointed to the watermelon for Chen Wan to look at: "Mummy, look at the melon~" "I saw Bao'er, I'll cut one for you after dinner." Chen Wan came out with a watermelon in her arms to coax Zai Zai.
  Zai Zai little hands touched the melon and acted like a baby to Chen Wan.
  For dinner, Chen Wan and the others prepared tomato and butter hot pot, cut a lot of octopus, beef, cabbage, lettuce and other green leafy vegetables and soaked a lot of sweet potato vermicelli.
  Zai Zai's small bowl is full of beef, octopus and lettuce leaves. There is also a glass of orange juice in front of her.
  She's so happy, she also likes to eat green leaves and vegetables!
  Chen Wan and the others put the octopus meat into the butter pot and the beef into the tomato pot. Since Jiang Wanning doesn't eat beef, the beef should be cooked in the same pot as much as possible.
  They ate all the big cabbage, they were really short of vegetables, Chen Wan took a bite of the cabbage in the butter pan and felt that the whole body went to heaven.
  The sweet potato vermicelli was boiled soft in the tomato pot and with the large slices of beef in it, Chen Wan ate a big bowl full by himself, which was really satisfying.

  Qin Ke and the others were also carrying bowls and eating in full swing. The octopus meat and beef that were brought out were all wiped out in the end and they also cooked some noodles for everyone to share.
  After dinner, Chen Wan cut up the watermelon brought out from the sun room, everyone shared it and she made a special small bowl for Zai Zai, put small pieces of watermelon and Zai Zai obediently took her own small spoon Dig and eat.
  Before going to bed, Zai Zai was still acting like a baby in Chen Wan's arms, rubbing against Chen Wan and asking, "Does Mommy still have melons to eat tomorrow?"
  "Yes, our baby is so cute, we'll eat melons every day." Chen Wan picked up the baby and kissed her little face and the baby was so happy she couldn't fall asleep when she heard that there were melons to eat everyday, there is a big smile on the little face.
  Chen Wan and Jiang Yanxin looked at Zai Zai for a long time before they were willing to look away. Jiang Yanxin leaned in Chen Wan's arms, "I don't know when will we find the third level 3 animal mutant crystal nucleus and we will start running around again tomorrow."
"We will always find it. When our strength improved, we can find a place to settle down for a short time or we can come back to find Wei Siyu." Chen Wan comforted softly.
  In the last days, no one can guarantee any real safety, only relying on feeling to move forward. Chen Wan sometimes didn't dare to think what she has experienced so many things recently but this is the end of the world.
  Early the next morning, Chen Wan bid farewell to Wei Siyu and the others. The monitor and Li Yue also ran over to see off Chen Wan and the others.