Chapter Forty- Goodbye Sister (Sebastian POV)

Last Sunday was Merlina's birthday and it was now Friday. This week alone helped me forget everything that was wrong with my life. Although I had come to terms over Solomon's death weeks ago, thanks to Merlina's help, I was able to start getting over any other guilt I had pent up inside. I would go to sleep to the scent of Merlina's hair as she rested her head on my chest, excited to see her in the morning.

I had awoken at dawn but refused to get out of bed, in worry it might wake up Merlina. She lightly snored away on my chest with her arms resting next to her head. This was the view I wanted to see for the rest of my life.

"Are you awake?" Merlina mumbled, still not having opened her eyes to be fully awake. I chuckled and kissed the top of her head, answering the question. "Ugh today is laundry day."

"Want company at the river?" I asked, running my hands through her hair once more.

"No... I want you to be able to relax and read. I also want some alone time."

Merlina sat up with her hair slightly a mess and her nightgown hanging off her pale shoulder. I scooted closer to her, placing both of my hands on her high waist and starting a trail of pecks on her shoulder that ended at her neck. Each kiss, I could feel her body relax and quiet moans escaping her lips that she probably didn't think I could hear.

"I'm quite busy today, you know." She spoke with a chuckle.

"I'm not hearing the words 'no' or 'stop.'" I joked, continuing the kisses on her neck. She pushed me off, laughing hard, and running into the doorway. I pretended to act hurt, earning even harder and louder laughter from her.

"Excuse me Sallow but I need you to leave my room and put some clothes on. Also, collect all your dirty laundry and put it in the basket next to the kitchen."

I muttered a 'yes mom' before exiting the room, kissing her cheek and watching the smile form on her face. She pushed me once more and closed the door, leaving me alone in the cramped hallway. Paintings of various locations Professor Fig's wife created decorated the walls, waves or trees moving from the wind. I went to my room though, once Professor Figs and his wife's, and closed the door.

A bed barely slept in laid in the middle along with one of the nightstands holding my suitcase I still had yet to unpack despite being here for a little over a month. I threw on an outfit similar to my school uniform without a tie and robe, and collected all the clothes just as Merlina requested. By the time I had reached the bottom of the stairs, Merlina was already standing there with her auburn wavy hair placed in a loose bun and wearing tight grey pants and a blue blouse with a black vest over it.

"How come you only wear skirts during school?" I asked, placing the clothes into the basket. I know it was probably rude to ask her why she only wore pants except for the uniform, and I was definitely not complaining with it considering how tight they seemed to be around her butt, but she was the only girl I knew that did that.

Anytime Anne was in or out of school, she wore skirts or dresses since she said she didn't like how constricted she felt with pants. Almost every girl I've been with, including Poppy Sweeting, wore skirts and dresses. Merlina was the only one who seemed not to.

"Because you can't duel or run that well in a skirt. If I had it my way, skirts and dresses wouldn't be a school uniform requirement. Anyways, I'll be off to the river for laundry. I left a galleon on the counter so when the owl comes with the Daily Prophet, feel free to hand that to him." With that, Merlina was off and I had the entire Fig estate to myself for the first time.

A few hours in the day had passed before I heard the scratches of an owl's talons on the kitchen window. A barn owl with golden and silver feathers was outside the window with a pouch attached to it's leg and holding what looked to be the Daily Prophet rolled up in it's mouth. I opened the window and it flew in with it's wing span wider than any owl I had ever seen. It barely fit through the tiny square window over the sink. I did as Merlina instructed once it landed, placing the coin in the pouch as it dropped the newspaper off on the white wooden counter top and flew out the window. Why Merlina continued to pay for Professor Fig's suscription to the Daily Prophet was beyond my understanding.