I Needed to Take a Walk (after Having a Bit of PTSD) (1)

Good morning readers. And welcome to another new update of The Caseys. And while I am now only updating one chapter at a time, I think that this is what I need to do for the sake of this story; that way, people can catch up and I can catch up on my new story. The story that I am going to update later. But now, enough with the note. Let's just get back to the story, and the hospital.

Also, quick note: You may have noticed that my formatting has changed of late. And that's due to the fact that I want to try this out, because that's how I have been writing in my other story. Let me know what you think of this new formatting that I'm trying out.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

He decided that he needed to take a walk, and just get out of the hospital room for a bit; that way, he could let Gabby rest...while also dealing with some PTSD (about the girls' premature birth) that he just had this afternoon. Not that Gabby would really care whether he had PTSD in her presence, because she'd rather that happen. She wants to help her husband go through his PTSD, and she wants to help him deal with whatever comes his way today; but first and foremost, she wants to be the support that her husband needs at the moment. However, that wasn't the case for Matt; as he felt that it was more important that his wife rests, and just take it easy...than have to worry about his PTSD. And for now, that's what he plans on doing for the sake of his wife's health; anyways, it's not like she's alone right now. And that was based on the conversation that Matt was overhearing Gabby have with one of their friends.

"So, you saw him when he left? He's okay?"

And that's when he heard how Gabby was feeling at the moment, and that was scared; scared over the fact that he was gone, rather than be there with her right now. And he hated that. He hated that Gabby was feeling scared at the moment, as that was the last thing that he wanted for his wife; he didn't mean to scare her, and that was the entire reason for him going out in the first place. So now, he's really going to need to apologize; while also making sure that Gabby knows that he's okay, because he is. He's fine, and she really has nothing to worry about at the moment; because he's here, and he's ready to take care of her, Bella, and Sofia for the rest of the day. Heck, for the rest of their hospital stay; but first, he just needs to let his wife know that he's back and here for her. And one way that he can do that quite easily is already happening, as Andy already ran into the room after hearing the fear in Gabby's voice.

"Jeff, can you make sure that Andy doesn't jump up on her?"

Agreeing with his boss, Jeff made sure to walk over to Andy so that he could grab his leach; that way, he didn't jump onto the hospital bed (which could easily have an adverse effect on Gabby's recovery time, and lead to her having to stay in the hospital longer). And honestly, Matt was extremely grateful for him having done that; as the last thing that he needed, was for him to have more PTSD than he already had. Rather, he wants to take it easy with his family right now; including his beautiful wife, who was still worried (and a bit confused) as to just where her husband went. However, she had a feeling that it was related to Andy needing to go out; but what she's yet to find out, is that it was also due to the fact that he himself had to go out and make sure that he's okay right now. Because that was something that was on his mind for a while, whether he would be okay after having that PTSD event earlier this afternoon.

But now, it wasn't time for him to talk about that yet; rather, it was time for Matt to walk in and come to Gabby's side. That way, he could show her that he was here; and that he was okay, at least physically. He already knows that he's going to have to talk to Gabby about what happened, and why he left; but right now, that didn't matter. What mattered, was that he was back; and that Gabby was currently resting in bed. And damn, did his girl look so beautiful as she just laid there in bed; and waited for him to come back to join her in bed, which he plans on doing as soon as possible. "Hey, where did you go off to?" Smiling as Gabby asked him where he went, Matt then looked at Andy. "Someone had to go to the washroom today." Gabby agreed with her husband as he said that, well aware that was the case; however, she also knew her husband. "And..." Matt snickered a bit, while walking over to her this afternoon.