Firehouse 51 Reunion

Hi Readers: My apologies ahead of time for having just posted a single chapter. I got distracted like I always do, and that meant that I haven't really been updating. But now, I'm back and ready to update some more. Here we go, and I hope I can stop getting distracted.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Walking over to the couches that they had here in the restaurant after saying hi to all of their friends, Matt, and Gabby both took a breath as they looked at the breakfast menu; because even though they both own part of the restaurant, they are not the best at remembering the menu...especially when they're distracted, which is exactly what Gabby is at the moment. And that was why Matt was glad that he and Gabby were alone for a moment, as it allowed them to talk while they looked at the menus; but first, a quick ice breaker. "I was just thinking of getting an omelet with a black coffee or a French vanilla." Turning her head as she heard Matt say that, Gabby finally snapped back into reality when it came to what he was saying. "Right, I think that'd be good too." Matt agreed.

After which, he took a breath and looked at his wife. "Are you still shaken up by seeing Stella there?" Gabby sighed, before sitting up again and getting close to her husband; after which, Matt wrapped his arm around her more and pressed his lips to the side of her head. At the same time, Gabby grabbed his hand and held him close. "Gabby, things are okay. I'm here, and I promise you that I'm never going to let what happened in Hawaii happen to you again." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, well aware that was the case as she turned her head and looked at him; after which, she kissed him softly. "I know you will." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, before smiling at her. "I'm going to look for some offices just to let you know, might try and get one in the southside."

Gabby smiled as she heard Matt say that, as she loves that idea. "Oh god, you just gave me a great idea." Matt was a bit confused as he heard Gabby say that, before just letting her talk. "And what might that be?" Gabby smirked. "Mentorship program. Matt, I know you want people with degrees who know what they're really doing. But you know Chicago, there's a huge population that is uneducated and impoverished." Matt smirked as he heard Gabby say that. "Mentorship, internship and training the workforce." Gabby smiled as she heard Matt say that, because it seems like he was open to it. "Thoughts?" Matt smiled. "Maybe in the future, okay? I know I shouldn't dismiss it off hand, but right now is not the time." Gabby (reluctantly) agreed with her husband, before nodding.

But at the same time, she did feel at bit sad, which led to Matt putting his hand on the side of her neck and pushing it up. "Hey, take it easy and relax. I'm not saying no Gabby, we just need to get the office set up. And since we're moving back, I need to really look for a good office; heck, I may even try and build an office." Gabby was surprised as she heard Matt say that. "Really?" Matt agreed. "If we're going to live here for the rest of our lives, then I'm going to make myself my dream headquarters. I've already been looking for land here anyways." Gabby looked at Matt. "For those training facilities." Gabby smiled as she heard Matt say that, liking that idea. "Wait, what about the one in Hawaii?" Having overheard some of the conversation, Severide made his way over to Matt and Gabby.

"You better not be cancelling that facility, as I put a lot of work into that facility."

Turning his head, Matt sighed as that was something that he knew that he was going to have to talk to Kelly about. "Okay, I want to remind you that you did sign a non-compete and confidentiality agreement; that is still valid, and that's the only way that I can talk to you about this. Understood." Kelly agreed with Matt as he said that. "Mind if I sit down?" Matt agreed with Kelly. "Where's Stella?" Kelly laughed. "In the ladies' room, pumping for the boys." Gabby smiled. "How are Kyle and Stephen?" Kelly smiled. "Oh, you know. Growing." Matt snickered. "God, just wait until you have a daughter. I swear, those girls grow each and every day." Kelly agreed with Matt as he said that, before smirking. "Me and Stella are thinking of trying for a daughter." Gabby smiled, agreeing with Kelly.