Happy Birthday Matt, Part Nineteen

Well, if that wasn't a big twist. Don't you just feel horrible for Matt? Having PTSD on his birthday, that just has to be the worst thing in the entire world. And that's why Matt and Gabby need this time with each other. Time alone with each other, where they can talk about his PTSD that he dealt with alone. And that's exactly what Matt and Gabby planned on doing, as they aren't having sex. Right?
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"I hope that you had a good first birthday with the kids."

That was where the conversation was currently at, as Matt Casey spoke to his sister while his wife brought their plates downstairs after they ate supper in bed. "Well, I can say that me having time with the kids was the only good part of my birthday." Christie was confused as she heard her brother say that, not really understanding what her brother was trying to tell her right now. "Well, I am not sure what exactly you mean Matt." Matt sighed as his sister asked him that question, before explaining to her just what he meant. "Oh, I just had some PTSD today." Christie sighed in horror as she heard her brother say that, as that wasn't something that she wanted to hear. "Matt, I am so sorry that's the case. I hope you know that I Hate it when you have PTSD." Matt agreed with his sister as she said that, well aware that was the case. "I know that sis. You have nothing to worry about when it comes to me knowing that you hate that I even have PTSD in the first place." Christie agreed with her brother as that was the truth. "I mean, what sister is happy about the fact that their father helped create some PTSD?" Matt agreed with Christie. After all, that most certainly is the truth.

"Well, that's not what the PTSD is about today."

Christie agreed with her brother. "I'm not even going to ask you what PTSD it is due to the fact that I know that you've either already spoke about it with Gabby, or you're already going to have to talk about it with her soon." Matt agreed with his sister as she said that, as that most certainly is the truth. "Yeah, we're going to talk about it some more. Not sure how much, but I just know that we need this time alone to talk to each other without the kids." Christie understood why that was the case, as that was always the case when it came to what he needed to do when he has PTSD; he needs to take time alone with his wife so that they can talk to each other about it. "I know that's what you and Gabby always need to do, so I'm glad that you guys are getting a chance to do that thanks to your mother-in-law." Matt agreed with Christie, before asking about their mom. "How's mom? I know that I need to apologize..."

Christie shook her head. "No, you have every right to kick her out and take it easy. Matt, you need to have your own space too." Matt agreed with his sister, as that was the truth. He and Gabby needed their space when it came to their parents, and that's exactly what they have. "Did I mention that my mother-in-law lives with me now too?" Christie was surprised as she heard Matt say that. "I think that she was living with her ex-husband? Or are they married now?" Matt sighed. "He wishes that they were married again, which is why she's here as she doesn't want to get married yet due to the fact that she doesn't completely trust him again." Christie agreed with her brother as he said that. "God, I am positive that Jim would feel the same way if we had to live together for some reason." And let's just say that got her brother a bit worried, as he didn't want to have to go through that again. God, he still hates Jim to this day.

"Is he flirting with you?"

Christie laughed. "He wishes that he could get with me! Don't worry, I already told him that my money is invested in the company and there are no liquid assets. And that I am not like my brother, who wants to live in the country and that's why he has the big house with the yard." Matt agreed with his sister. "Oh, and because I have PTSD and a service dog." Christie agreed with her brother as he said that, well aware that was the case as well. "I hope that living out there has done you some good." Matt agreed with Christie, as it has done them some good. "It has, as it gives us place to take it easy and relax. Plus, we are away from the city; and that means that we are less at risk when it comes to whether we catch this or not." Christie agreed with her brother as he said that. "By the way, you'll send my best wishes to Antonio and Diego, okay?" Matt agreed with Christie. "Let me guess, you heard about that from the e-mail I sent you?" Christie laughed, as she actually already knew that Diego had COVID before he sent her that e-mail about it.