Stocking Up

Hi Readers: What did you think of the Halstead chapters that I just wrote for you guys? Well, I hope you guys liked them. But now, I'm headed back to the Casey Family. More specifically, to them shopping at the market and getting some things in the grocery store.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Target, Chicago – They decided ahead of time that they were (1) going to stay together the entire time they were in the story, and (2) were going to stock up on whatever they can; that way, they don't need to worry about shopping at the story more often than they need to. And that was something that they both knew was the right thing to do, due to the fact that it would benefit them in the long run by (1) reducing the number of times that they have to leave the house, and (2) limit the number of times that they can be exposed to this. And that most certainly was on Matt's mind, as he was well aware of the risks that they were both taking as they walked into the store together; the risks that came with being exposed, and possibly bringing the virus home to their mothers and children. But they couldn't think about that, due to the fact that it was something that they didn't want to obsess about; even though they are.

I mean, COVID-19 has basically turned their lives upside down; and it's made them rethink how they need to operate, both on a personal and professional level. After all, they did recently move all of their employees to working from home; not that it was hard, as they mostly worked from home anyways. Still, that didn't mean that they don't still worry about the friends and employees that they met in Los Angeles and Hawaii; rather, they think about them all the time as they want them to prioritize their health. And that's something that all of their staff love. The fact that the heads of the company are more interesting in ensuring that they're healthy, rather than the profits that their company can create; but right now, they aren't thinking about work, and are instead thinking about what they need here at the store. And that starts with some diapers, and some baby formula, because they're worried about that.

Worried about whether they would be able to find it in the future, due to the fact that it's been all over the news; the fact that some people are having trouble finding formula and other things related to children, which is why they are going to be stocking up. "So, you okay with us stocking up while we're here?" Turning his attention to his wife, as he held her hand with their fingers intertwined, Matt smiled as he most certainly is ready to stock up while they're here. "Gabby, of course I'm ready to stock up; I already knew that was what you were going to want to do while we were here, so that we don't have to go out more often than we need to. But that doesn't mean that I don't need to get us something that I can make for you." Gabby agreed with her husband as he said that, before taking a breath. "Sorry about how I changed our plans, as I knew that you wanted to cook fo..." Turning to look at his wife, Matt stopped her.

After which, he looked close to her and let go of her hand; that way, he can make sure that his wife breathes. "Hey, look at me." Looking up at her husband, Gabby agreed as she put her hands on his chest; meanwhile, Matt put his hand on her butt and held her close. "Gabby, it's okay. I know that you're still worried, and you want to be able to find everything that we need at one store. Maybe we can make pasta, or just something else. I know I said steak, and I'm sure that we can find something here. But here's something that you need to remember." Gabby agreed with Matt, before listening to matt when it comes to what she needs to remember. "You need to remember that what we eat doesn't matter, what matters is that we get to have a nice supper with each other." Gabby agreed.

After all, that was all that matters at the end of the day; that they have a really nice date night at home and take it easy with each other. "Thanks for helping me breathe baby." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, before wrapping his arm around her and holding her close. "I promise, everything is going to be okay Gabby." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, while looking up at her amazing husband. "I wish I could kiss you right now." Matt agreed with Gabby, well aware that was something that she wanted. "I know. But we need to stay safe, and that means that you need to keep your mask on." Gabby agreed with her husband, before watching as Andy started to pull a bit; and that was when Matt was brought back to reality, only to see the reason why he was pulling. And that was due to the fact that he recognized someone in the store. "Andy, hey. Stop." Meanwhile, Gabby smiled at her man.