Happy Birthday Baby: Death on the Mind

Hi Readers: Hope you guys are doing well and enjoyed today's first chapter. As you can probably tell, I took a bit of a break after that last chapter; and that was due to the length of the chapter. Heck, the length of the last two chapters. Chapter 371 came out to almost 5,700 words, and Chapter 372 came out to about 6,300 words. So, that is a lot of words in two consecutive chapters; not that I can complain, as I am a huge fan of writing long chapters for you guys. It allows me to get the story out faster, and to explain everything the way that I believe it should be explained. That, and the e-mails always make my chapters longer. Speaking of which, what do you think about the e-mails that I include in the chapters? I would love to get some feedback on that. Thanks ahead of time.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

As much as he wanted to take a breath and stop thinking about what he just learned over e-mail, Matt just couldn't find it in himself to stop his mind from going there and think about it; not when it was the first reported death of one of his staff members to COVID-19. And even now, as he laid here with Gabby, he still couldn't get that out of his mind; especially when you add in the fact that his nephew Diego also has COVID-19, and that just makes it even harder to get out of his mind. Which is the reason why Matt decided that he needed to do something to change his mind, and that would be to join his family in the living room; where he would enjoy a nice glass of water, as a way to finally pull his mind away from the thoughts that we currently running around his mind. Not like it was hard, when what he was doing at the moment actually made it quite easy for that to happen; and that would be what Gabby just did.

What she just did the moment he got onto the couch, which would be that she came to sit in his lap and cuddle up to him, which is exactly what he both wants, and needs at the moment if he was being completely honest. As the feeling of his beautiful wife cuddling up to him, as they took it easy with each other truly was as breath of fresh air compared to what he was dealing with in his office; and that would be how it was depressing to be in there at the moment after the news that he just learned. The news that he's yet to share with Gabby, as he isn't sure whether he should tell her; not when Diego has COVID. He doesn't want her to worry or think that the worst is going to happen when it comes to Diego as he is a strong boy whom he knows will power through this so that what happened to their employee doesn't happen to him. But he couldn't think that way, not when he doesn't want to worry his wife right now.

But unfortunately, you can't always get what you want; and that's due to the fact that his wife knows him pretty well, especially since he's been diagnosed with PTSD. She can read him much better, which allows her to know when he needs to talk; and by the way her husband is acting as they cuddled up to each other here on the couch while they watched their children play, well that made her wonder whether they should really be watching TV when she has a feeling that she needs to talk to her husband. So, she decided to turn her head and look up at the man she loves. "Baby, you okay?" Turning his head, Matt sighed as he really didn't want to worry Gabby; even though that's exactly what he did as he pressed his lips to her forehead this afternoon. And that was how Gabby just knew in her heart, that he did in fact have something to talk about; so, she decided to ask him flat out to just tell her.

Sitting up to look at her husband, Gabby gave him a look that told him that she was going to be serious with him; and let's just say that the moment Matt saw that, he knew that there was no getting out of whatever Gabby was going to ask him. "Okay, you just sighed and kissed my forehead after I asked you whether you're okay. Now, I can read you better than anybody baby; and we both know that's one of your signs that you need to talk to me. So, what in the world is going on right now?" Matt sighed as he looked at Gabby. "I just got an e-mail from Jeffrey Adams." Gabby was confused as she heard Matt say that. "Our attorney in Chicago?" Matt agreed with Gabby, as that most certainly is who Jeffrey Adams is, their corporate attorney at Adams Law Group in Chicago. "He just sent me an e-mail today." Gabby then got nervous. "Shit, do we have problems in any of the legal issues." Matt shook his head.