Chapter 6: Cry

*Tiffany’s POV*

Oh god, what was I doing?! I can’t believe that this was happening. Sarah just runs out on me crying her butt off. I mean, I know she messed up a bit, but it really only was a little bit! She said she would be here for me, and she wasn’t. Well, I guess I couldn’t blame her. I mean, how would you feel if you messed up in front of your idols? Not very good.

Still, I couldn’t help feeling angry. I was totally going to mess up now, in front of the biggest boy band in the world, and everybody would see my humiliating performance on television. I prayed to God that they didn’t choose my audition to show. Luckily, the guys seemed really nice. They tried to make me feel better, especially Harry. I couldn’t believe that Niall and Liam remembered me though. Sarah had said it was no big deal! Plus, I swear I saw Louis laughing at my laugh. I know I sounded like a hyena, but really?

“Hi, my name is Tiffany Tran. I didn’t really prepare a song, so sorry if I mess up.” I grimaced. Oh god, now I was babbling. I can’t believe I just said that. At least Harry laughed. He must think I’m funny or something. Great, now I’m a clown on television. “But....I guess I’ll be singing the only song at the top of my head right now. Count on Me by Bruno Mars.” My eyebrows shot up. Where did that come from? Well it was the song on my brain right now, but only because I was listening to it on my iPod. I grinned a little. I’m so grateful they couldn’t see the black cord running underneath my jacket. I slyly slid my hand into my pocket and replayed the song. The familiar tune started playing in my ears. I closed my eyes. Oh god, my throat was so dry! I tried to cough, but the song was almost starting. I opened my mouth to sing, in front of people, for the first time.

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea, I’ll sail the world to find you. If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can’t see, I’ll be the light to guide you. I could feel their eyes trained on me, but I opened my eyes and stared at the wall behind them. I couldn’t look at them, otherwise I would start hyperventilating. Just pretend they aren’t there Tiffany. Enjoy the view.

To find out what we’re made of, when we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like 1,2,3. I’ll be there. And I know when I need it I can count on you like 4,3,2 and you’ll be there. ‘Cause that’s what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah. Ooh, ooh, yeah, yeah.

If you’re tossin’ and you’re turnin’ and you just can’t fall asleep. I’ll sing a song beside you. And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me, every day I will remind you.

Ooh. To find out what we’re made of, when we are called to help our friends in need.

You can count on me like 1,2,3. I’ll be there. And I know when I need it I can count on you like 4,3,2 and you’ll be there. ‘Cause that’s what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah. Ooh, ooh, yeah, yeah.

You’ll always have my shoulder when you cry. I’ll never let go never say goodbye. You know,

You can count on me like 1,2,3. I’ll be there. And I know when I need it I can count on you like 4,3,2 and you’ll be there. ‘Cause that’s what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah. Ooh, ooh, yeah, yeah.

You can count on me ‘cause I can count on you.

I reached into my pocket again, pressing the pause button. I finally looked at their faces nervously. I couldn’t really hear myself over the music, but I didn’t think I did too bad. They were just staring at me, their eyes wide. I cringed mentally- maybe I really was bad. My eyes shot toward the floor, bracing myself for the insults.