Chapter 59: Homeless and Crazy

*Tiffany’s POV*

          “Tiffany! Are you ready? Let’s go!” I groaned and gave a look at Sarah. She glared at me, mouthing behave!

          “Coming mom!” I looked at my outfit in the mirror one more time- plain white t-shirt, jeans, and my worn-out leather jacket- and put my hair up into a ponytail. My usual style. I really didn’t care about how I looked right now. It wasn’t like I was going anywhere fancy anyway. Sarah stood next to me, looking the total opposite- flowery pink sundress, matching pink platforms, and her blonde hair crimped. I guess opposites do attract.

          Sarah pulled on my hand, dragging me out to the living room where my smiling parents were waiting. My mom had changed into a classy black dress, sporting a shiny silver necklace with small diamond studs and wearing simple black heels. My dad was still in his old suit, but he wasn’t wearing his glasses anymore. They were holding hands and looking at me. My mom frowned.

          “Are you really going to wear that Tiffany? It’s not exactly something you wear to go out.”

          “I don’t care,” I said, shrugging. My mom pursed her lips, but my dad gave her a look and she dropped it. My mom turned to Sarah, smiling.

          “You look lovely Sarah. I’m glad you could come with us!”

          “It’s my pleasure Mrs. Tran! Thank you for letting me come!” God, she was so polite! I rolled my eyes and dragged her out to the car.

          The car ride was pretty quiet. The only bit of conversation was between my mom and Sarah, who made small talk. My father, as always, was silently driving the car. I ignored the conversation happening and just listened to random songs on my iPod.

          “Tiffany? We’re here.” I jerked up from my daze and looked out the window. Awesome! We’re eating sushi! I jumped out of the car and ran after my parents. I saw my mom purse her lips again, but she said nothing. Whatever, there’s nothing wrong with running!

          “Calm your tits dude! We’ll get there eventually,” Sarah said, laughing.

          “But I want sushi now!” I pouted.

          “Tiffany, please be quiet in here. And stand up straight,” my mom murmured. I rolled my eyes.

          “Yes mom,” I said, trying to keep my voice as non-sarcastic as I could. I knew I wasn’t slouching though- you’d be surprised how much piano affects your posture. Just to spite her though, I started actually slouching. She gave me an annoyed look.

          “For 4?” A waitress walked up to us, and my mom nodded. “Please follow me!” She led us to a small booth, where the conveyor belt was slowly passing by with delicious plates of sushi. My mouth watered. I sat down and grabbed a plate.

          “Tiffany,” my mom reproached. I sighed and pouted. My parents looked at me expectantly.

          “Moi Ba. Moi Ma,” I grumbled. Stupid Vietnamese traditions. My mom smiled at me.

          “Thank you Tiffany. You can eat now.” Don’t mind if I do! I quickly gobbled up my food, keeping my gaze on Sarah. I only talked to her, even with her attempts to make me talk my parents. My dad looked at me sadly, but my mom didn’t even look like she cared. Eventually Sarah gave up, which I was grateful for.

          “Tiffany, we want to tell you something.” It was the end of the dinner, and I was nursing a bowl of my favorite ice-cream- green tea. I reluctantly looked up from my bowl, jamming my fork into my mouth.