131. Sleepless Nights

Yn looked around to find the source of the voice.. This voice is very familiar to her.. She is sure of it.. “DAD” was her innate response.. It was her father… she knew it was her father.. 

The same accent, the same way of talking, and the words.. Everything is exactly the same.. Yn looked around.. And started walking toward the voice.. And the voice was becoming closer and clearer… she started running.. 

Yn shouted- dad… where are you???

People started looking at her.. But she didn’t care the least and ran in front.. But suddenly the voice was gone.. The only thing heard was the whispers of the people talking about her… she came into realisation.. And sighing she looked around, and everyone was giving her weird looks.. 

Tears started rolling down her cheeks.. She walked back to the shop.. And the woman in the shop was waiting for her with the packet in her hand.. She saw yn with tears in her eyes..

Shopkeeper- what is it girl?? Why are you crying?? And why did you run there??

Yn wiped her tears off- i heard a very familiar voice.. Voice of a person really close to me..

Shopkeeper sighed- ya.. I can understand.. Maybe you are thinking too much about that person.. Take the food and go home and enjoy it.. Take some rest..

Yn smiled, paid and went home after buying some other ingredients.. 

She showered, and checking the ingredient list started preparing the jjamppong.. Cutting all the vegetables and then meat broth and the seafood… She did everything.. And when she was nearly done, the main door opened.. And her handsome husband entered the house with a smile on his face.. 

Yn smiled at him.. But the smile on his face was gone seeing her.. He threw off his shoes and walked hurriedly towards her to the kitchen..

Jungkook gasped- what are you doing in the kitchen??
Yn smiled- I cooked dinner..

Jungkook’s eyes were big and he was staring at yn in horror..

Yn chuckled- jungkookahh.. You know right that I am a good student.. I learn things quickly.. 

Jungkook- bu-but..

Yn- go and get freshed up.. I will start plating.. Hurry.. 5 minutes.. 

With a weird look and confusion in his face, Jungkook entered the washroom and came out after quickly taking a shower..

Yn did the plating on their small dining table, and Jungkook just sat silently on the chair with his mouth parted a little, and confusion all over his face…

She sat opposite him.. And smiled.. 

Yn- we don’t have kimchi.. And I am not skilled enough to prepare tansuyuk.. So try it just like this.. Or do you want rice?? I made rice too..

Jungkook gulped down seeing her talking about her cooking.. Without saying anything jungkook took his chopstick and took some noodles and a shrimp and took a bite… he ate at first with his eyes closed… and then he opened his eyes really big..

Yn was waiting for his reaction, but he didn’t say anything… rather he was still chewing… and stare at her weirdly.. And when he was done, he took a sip of the browth.. And then again silence.. 

Yn gulped- how is it?? Tell me…

Jungkook- did you really cook it??

Yn- yes.. Why??

Jungkook chuckled- it tastes way too good baby.. Try it yourself…

Yn smiled and excitedly took a mouthful of food.. And he was not wrong.. It really tasted amazing.. And yn smiled well..