What I love most Part III

The black Mustang came to a halt with a screech. Mia got out and ran towards the villa.

She didn't think twice and simply kicked in the front door.

The wood of the door frame splintered and the door hit the wall.

Mia entered the building and didn't know exactly where to go at first.

But then she heard a loud scream from Siobhan. Mia immediately ran up the large stone staircase in the entrance hall.

She followed the noise into the bedroom and pulled the door open

Siobhan was lying on the floor, trying to shield her face with her arms. Roger stood dangerously over her, his fist ready for the next blow.

"Roger!" the redhead screamed.

The man looked at her, surprise written all over his face.

Mia wanted to storm towards him, but she couldn't even take a step. When something hit her in the right shoulder.

She was swept off her feet and hit the ground behind.

Roger lowered his arm slowly. Gun smoke danced up his arm.

Mia didn't know what had happened at first. The air was missing from her lungs and she was lying on her side. Her body felt heavy and dazed.

Slow footsteps approached her.
"What a surprise Amelia Roberts..." Roger was now standing next to her.

He kicked her in the stomach so that she was now lying on her back.

"Well, it was only a matter of time before you turned up."

Mia looked up at him, a disgusting grin on his face.

He pointed the gun at her again. But a vase suddenly shattered against the back of his head.

Siobhan had somehow pulled herself together and was now behind Roger

He turned round in a rage and hit her in the face with the handle of his gun. The blonde went down.

But this bought Mia enough time to get back to her feet.

She grabbed him from behind. Her arm around his neck, her other hand reached for the gun.

Roger managed to stay on his feet and took a quick step backwards.

Mia was slammed with her back against the railing and had to let go of him because of the force of the impact. But she managed to snatch the gun out of his hand. It fell to the lower floor with a loud bang.

Roger turned round quickly and hit Mia in the face with his backhand.

She went down again. Blood dripped from her lip. Her entire right arm was already covered in blood. She needed a moment to collect herself. But Roger didn't let her rest and grabbed her by the hair and pulled her up.

"You've always been a pain in the arse!" he hissed.

"Fuck you!", Mia managed to say.

He held her tightly in front of him. "Oh, are we still sad about your whore girlfriend. Come on Mia, I did her a favour. You would have only disappointed her. " he laughed.

Mia tried to free herself out of his gripp.
" I'll kill you! You fucking arsehole!"

Roger remained unimpressed. "Don't worry, you can follow her soon!" He pulled her with him towards the stairs.

Once there, he wanted to push her down, but Mia finally managed to pull herself free. She punched him in the face with all her strength. Roger cried out, blood immediately spurting from his nose.

He wanted to go for her, but she was quicker and kicked him in the knee.

He fell to his knees. Mia took another swing. Her blow was so powerful that Roger lost his balance and fell down the stairs where he had intended to push her down.

He hit the ground with a loud thud. All that came from him were painful noises. Mia was still standing at the top of the stairs.

She felt dizzy, blood was running down her arm and dripping steadily to the ground. But her anger kept her on her feet.

She slowly walked down the stairs.

She grabbed him by the shoulder and turned him onto his back. She then sat on him and started punching him in the face.

Blood spurted and teeth flew. His nose broke with a loud crack and his jaw also broke.

But Mia didn't stop. She struck him again and again with all her strength.

Roger already seemed to be unconscious, but the redhead had no mercy.

A hand placed itself on her shoulder.
"Mia, that's enough!"

She turned round and faced Siobhan. Who had a large gash on her cheekbone.

"I won't stop until he's dead!" shouted Mia.

But Siobhan grabbed her and pulled her off him.

" Mia, stop! Let it go! The police will be here soon!" shouted the blonde.

Mia tried to free herself from Siobhan's arms, but her strength was slowly failing her.

Siobhan took her away and sat her down against the wall next to the stairs.

"You had your revenge," said the blonde. "Let the police take care of the rest!"

Mia wanted to contradict her, but she was too weak. She leant her head against the wall and had to take a few deep breaths.

Siobhan could already hear the emergency services in the distance. "Stay here!" With that, she ran out of the house.

Mia was so tired, she looked at Roger. The pig was lying there motionless. On closer inspection, she could see that he was no longer breathing. Mia couldn't help but laugh weakly.

It was over. She closed her eyes briefly to collect herself.

When she felt a hand on her cheek. It was warm and cold at the same time. It felt real but also ghostly.

Mia opened her eyes slowly. Tears immediately formed in her eyes.

"Sweetheart....", her voice was just a breath, Mia had no strength for more.

Charlotte looked at her sadly. "What do you always get yourself into?" Hearing her voice after all these years only made the redhead cry even more.

" I'm sorry sweetheart... I should have protected you..."

But Charlotte shook her head.
" Don't blame yourself... Come..."

She grabbed her hands and pulled her to her feet.

Mia felt light and warm. She looked deep into Charlotte's eyes before kissing her.

They had found each other again. Even if it was in death.