Our Family Name Part II

Reece returned and was soon back with Mia.

Autumn would never understand why the two of them kept getting back together.

But she had something else on her mind at the moment. She had to somehow explain to her father that she was now more or less with Winter. And she already knew that he wouldn't like it.

To her surprise, her father wanted to meet her.

And to her even greater surprise, she bumped into her brother when she entered her father's office. She wouldn't be able to tell her father with Winter today.

She sat down opposite him while her father sat at the head of the table. The tension in the room was overwhelming. Roger looked at his children, disappointment in his eyes.

The two siblings exchanged brief glances. Even though so much had happened between them, they were glad that they were both here.

"You two have disappointed me for too long. It will end today!"

Roger looked at his son.

"You're finally going to take your role as the future owner of the company seriously! And you're going to marry Mia and have children with her!"

Reece looked at him in surprise.
" What?"

" You're almost in your late thirties! It's time for you to settle down! I've given you too much freedom for far too long. You'll do what I tell you!" he now looked at Autumn. "And so will you!"

Fear rose in the woman. What could her father possibly mean?

"I met with Arthur Van Gould last week. He has a son, Edward Van Gould, and you're going to marry him."

Autumn turned cold. " No, father... you can't ask that! The Van Goulds are a cruel family... I can..." But that was as far as she got.

Roger banged his fist on the table. The two siblings flinched.
"You are my daughter! You'll do as I say, and you'll marry Edward Van Gould! And put an end to this disgusting rumour that you have an affair with this Winter!"

Roger stood up. "My children... You've brought shame on the Knight name long enough!" With that, he left the office and slammed the door behind him.

"Autumn," whispered Reece.

" Don't... we're both going to be shipped off to hell.... In a bot, what you built!" she glared angrily at him. It wasn't fair to blame Reece. But Autumn didn't know where to put her feelings right now.

Autumn got up and left, leaving her brother behind.

How could she explain this to Winter?