The Betrayal

The bathroom door flew open, the door broke out of its holder. Winter hit the floor hard. The impact was so strong that he briefly lost his bearings.

When he looked up, he saw Autumn still standing in the doorway. The pain, the betrayal, the anger, everything was reflected in her eyes.

Winter pulled himself back to his feet and prepared for another attack from her.

And the attack came, the violence that was Autumn was unstoppable. She grabbed him by his collar and threw him against the sink.

Winter heard his ribs crack, the pain shooting through his body.

Autumn came at him again, this time, when she saw the man she loved more than anything, she hesitated. But her restraint was immediately ended when a fist came at her.

She fended him off, grabbed him again, and threw him in the direction of the bathtub. Winter fell into the water that he had let in earlier for himself. Before all hell broke loose.

He couldn't think straight as he was pushed under the water.

He struggled, trying to free himself from her grip. But no one would have stood a chance against a woman who had nothing left to lose.

No matter how much hate Autumn felt right now, she couldn't. Just before she realised that he was falling into unconsciousness. She let go of him.

Winter emerged, gasping for air. Autumn took a few steps back and collapsed. Between the gasps for air from him, her painful crying filled the room

Winter pulled himself out of the water and dropped to the floor in front of the tub. Autumn sat in front of him.

No words were spoken, only the realisation that it was over between them, and that it was never real.

Autumn replayed the events of tonight in her mind's eye.

She came home after a long and exhausting day at work. Winter was already waiting for her, he had made her something to eat and then wanted to take a bath.

Autumn was relieved that she got through today, a lot had happened.

She was on her way to the bedroom when she saw Winter in there. He was about to undress.

" You look very stressed," he said.

"I am, the last few weeks have been very nerve-wracking. But at least things have been sorted out between Marjorie and Janice. " she said and flopped down on the bed.

"Luckily, Mia called and stopped Roger from making Janice the manager," he said with a slight smile.

" Yes..." Autumn wanted to relax when it hit her like a tonne of bricks. She straightened up and stared at him in disbelief.

"I never told you , that it was Mia."

Winter raised his eyes, and Autumn saw it. The lie.

" It's you..." she said.

" Autumn, I can explain... I slipped in there... your Father."

But Autumn jumped up from the bed. "I thought Siobhan was just trying to cause trouble! That no one would do such a dirty job for my father! But it's you!"

What happened next was a blur for Autumn. She only knew one thing, the man she had loved. Was a lie, a puppet of her father. Skilfully designed to control and shadow her.

When she calmed her tears and looked up, did she realise that the bathroom was empty. Winter was gone, leaving her broken behind.

______________________________

Hello, those who wonder what the hell is going on. I read a theory that Winter is the spy. And I just wonder what would happen if Autumn finds out. For the record, I don't think it's Winter. I'm 100% sure it's Char, does that make it any better idk. We can only wait and see 😅