Dallas *requested*

Requested by Peace0714. I hope you like it (:

I rushed into the Curtis house excitedly as I clutched the letter in my hand. Once I got there I pushed the door open and immediately ran into Dally.

"Hey, babe." He flirted with a smirk. "Let's get outta here."

"No thanks." I rolled my eyes and pushed him out of the way so I could get to Darry. "Darry! Guess what!"

"What?" He asked with a wide smile on his face. Darry has always been like an older brother to me, ever since I've met him.

"I got accepted into Notre Dame with a full football scholarship!" I squeaked as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"That's amazing!" He laughed, squeezing me tightly. With all that was going on the gang had walked in to see what all the commotion was about.

"You're gonna be playing football with college boys." Soda asked as I nodded my head enthusiastically. "That doesn't sound very safe."

"Yeah, I don't think you should do that." Dallas said with authority.

"Well, last time I checked it was my desicion." I said angrily, why can't they just be happy for me? "I'm not going to lose an opportunity of s lifetime cause it's not safe."

"Look, you're gonna get so much shit fir being a girl on who plays football and they probably won't even let you play much." Dallas reasoned.

"I'm I didn't think I could handle it, I wouldn't do it." The gang sat in silence at my response and I just glared at them.

"Guys, she gonna need support in this so let her try." Darry told them. They all nodded their heads and muttered a sorry, except Dallas. I didn't expect him to though.

A few months later

I'm at my first football game and adrenaline is running through my veins. It's the third quarter and we're winning 45-7. Everyone is buzzing with excitement as we realize we're going to win the game. I heard the whistle blow and the football was thrown to me. I started running for the end zone.

40 yard line.

30 yard line. The crowd was screaming loudly as they got ready for another touch down.

25 yard line.

Just as I was about to reach the 20 I felt someone tackle me to the ground and then weight of at least 4 more boys jumping one me. I heard the ref yelling at them to get off of me, but that's all I remember before blacking out.

I woke up in a hospital and saw the gang sitting around me. I realized that Dallas was clutching my hand as the others sat around worriedly.

"I never got the chance to yell her I was in love with her." Dallas Winston was crying for me.

"She'll be okay." Johnny told him, rubbing his back.

"What happened?" I rasped out, finally opened my eyes.

"You've got concussion, a dislocated shoulder, and a broken leg." Sodapop told me while Darry left to get the doctor. I stared at Dallas and saw his eyes red and puffy.

"I've always liked you. I meant every word I said to you when flirting." He confessed. "You're amazing and I would love to go on a date with you."

"I'd love that too." I smiled. I'm finally giving Dallas Winston a chance.