Ponyboy

He was smart and had a way with words. The kind of smart you rarely see in a boy his age. Not only was he book smart but he was also street smart. As smart as he was, he was an idiot when it came to girls. He didn't realize that many of them liked him. He was quiet and sweet. He was different and stood out in the crowd.

She had a way with thinking. She wouldn't as such her thoughts but would write them down. She was just as smart as the next guy but she was mesmerizing. Her personality contradicting her ordinary look. She was unique and had her own personality. She had the tendency to blend in to the people surrounding her, but he had noticed her.

Though different, they fit together perfectly. They were the two perfect pieces to finish a thousand piece puzzle.

"Pony?" She spoke quietly, obviously thinking about something.

"Yes (Y/n)?" He responded, still watching the setting of the sun.

"Am I more like sunrise or sunset?" She asked curiously.

"Why?" He furrowed his eyebrows while turning to look at her.

"Its just something I would like to know." She shrugged. He stared at her with a small smile, trying to decide which she would be.

"Neither, you'd be the moon on a cloudy night." He finally answered. Rather than a look if confusion a wide smile had spread across her face.

"Why?" She asked.

"You're a bright light shining through the dark, even when things are in front of you. You're mysterious and beautiful." He explained thoughtfully. He glanced to see how she'd respond and saw her writing in a book. "What are you writing?"

"A story." She answered vaguely. She gave him a playful smile before turning her attention back to the paper in front of her and continuing her writing.

"Can I read it?" He asked.

"I'm not done writing it." She told him.

"Than just tell it to me." He suggested.

"Oh, I couldn't." She blushed. "I would just mess it up. I can't tell things like you can."

"Then when you get done you can be my thoughts will I'll be your voice." It was a small statement but it meant something to the two of them. It meant something to the two kids who were trying to find a place in this world, a place together.

"Okay."

"What story will we be telling first?"

"The story of how the sun loved the moon so much that he died every day just so she could breathe."

A/n: I know it's short but I like it😊