Day 18

August 9th, 2009

I woke up late that day, it was almost mid-day. I went downstairs, my hair all messed-up. Which made laughed Waliyahé I thought it was going to be a good day, but she broke that feeling not even ten minutes after I had open my eyes. If you ever read this Liyah, it was a good one. But I forgave you, with time. Don't worry, it's not because of that that I'm feeling so bad now. I ate cereals for breakfast, a thing I had never did in my whole life during summer. I was always doing things a bit complicated, like pancakes ans stuff. But that day... I was just feeling tired, I think. Before I'd get back up, Doniya stopped me.

- Wanna go in town, today ?

I looked at her, hesitating. I wasn't in a good mood at all and all I wanted to do was sleeping. But she looked like she really wanted ME to go out with her. She almost had her fingers crossed to beg me. 

- Give me ten minutes, I answered with a small smile. 

I went into my room, changing my jogging for a pair of jeans with holes and put a black printed shirt. I added to that my Vans and my cap of the same brand. I was ready for the day. 

When I came in the living room, Doniya had changed her clothes too, wearing now a blue summer dress. As soon as she saw me, she ran in the hall to put her sandals on and waited for me there. She grabbed my hand and lead me out, screaming that we'd be back by five. We went into the car and she turned it on.

- Put your seat belt, Zayn ! It's going to be THE ride !

This made me laugh for the first time in a while. She drove through the small streets of Bradford, not as fast as she said she would. As we were getting nearer of downtown, the sun was getting hotter and hotter. It was a typical summer day in England. Heavy air, couple of clouds but still a bit of sun in the middle of the day. Doniya stopped the car in the parking of the mall and this was the real start of my day. We went to almost all the clothes shop of the building. My sister was trying everything she liked and then, she saw the price and put it back where she found it. She did that all the afternoon, which made me a bit sad that she couldn't afford herself the clothes she wanted. So, while she was in a make-up shop, I told her I was going at the Obey shop to buy the shirt I liked earlier. She nodded and I went into the store. I didn't buy the tank top I had flash on, but the light pink long sleeves shirt my sister had to put back on the rack because it was too expensive. I had just enough money to do it. But I could say bye to every events I had made plans for the rest of the summer. By the way, I had no-one to come with me.

Doniya texted me she was in the rest area, so I walked all the mall to meet her. She was alone at a table, two drinks in front of her. I took place in the seat left, my bag under my chair. I drank a sip of the cup, giving a smile to my sister.

- It's green tea. I hope it's not too cold...

- It's perfect, I said before drinking a bit more. Did you find what you were looking for ?

- Yeah, but 40£ for make-up, it's stolen ! You show me what you have ?

I gave her the bag and she slowly put the shirt out. She looked surprised and put her eyes on me. They were all wet. I smiled, I knew she was happy.

- Zayn... She whispered. You shouldn't have done that...

- That's nothing. I wanted to thank you.

- For what ? She asked, a bit suspicious.

- Taking care of me like that.

She got up and came to me. She gave me a hug, holding me tight. "You need to tell me everything, okay ?" I nodded and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

- Later.

She smiled and I knew it was going to be OK.

-----

Soooo... ? What are you thinking about ?