Day 122

November 21th, 2009

I was about to spend all my day laying in bed and doing nothing. That's what I had planed, not what happened. Someone was knocking on the front door at ten and Doniya screamed for me to come answer. So I get up and, when I saw who was standing in my living room, I really wanted to go back upstairs. 

Mark was standing there, his hands on his pocket. He had that small and shy smile of the bad days. I wanted to tell him to go, but I wasn't feeling like being rude that early in the morning. And, remember when I told you that he was the one staying in his bed until 4 in the afternoon ? Well, he was getting better. He was starting to get up way too early for me. 

I sat on the couch, just as he did. I turned on the TV, because I didn't wanted to talk to him. I didn't knew by then what he was doing at my house and I didn't wanted to. He was the one saying he was my best friend, but he was showing me his back every time things were getting hard. What a best friend, seriously. 

- If I talk, will you listen ? He asked.

I knew he was staring at me, I could see that with the corner of my eyes.

- Okay, let's do like you said yes... I'm sorry, 'k ? Like... Really. But Eli has something on me, something huge. And she's threatening me with that. I don't want her to tell me what to do, but... I don't want people to know that neither. 

- Then what ? I cut him. You're going to say that she doesn't want you there ? So just leave, I don't feel like hearing all of those stuff. 

- No. I was about to say that she can go fuck herself. I got stuff on her too. I can challenge her. So now, I can do whatever the fuck I want. 

I turned my head to face him, he was looking pretty serious. I crossed my arms on my chest, not so sure that he wouldn't let me down again.

- You won't change your mind ?

- No. You're my best friend since. Since forever. No one can change that. Not even my cousin.

I always knew when he was lying. And he wasn't that time. So I just nodded and turned back to the TV. 

- Forgive me ? He asked.

- Want to play video games ? I told him in return.

He smiled. I knew he did. And he walked up to the remotes that were lying on the table next to the TV. He threw me one and kept the other. And we just did that all day. Playing video games and eating everything that was in my kitchen. It wasn't like before but... It wasn't so bad. I was just afraid that he would let me down again. I had enough of people showing me their back. 

----

So, a good thing or not that Zayn and Mark are back to being friends ?