Day 114

November 13th, 2009

Friday the thirteen often means bad luck. In my case, it was real bad luck. For once, school wasn't the bad part of that. It was just as always, me being invisible and all the boring stuff. Doniya came to get me and Waliyha after school, so we didn't had to walk or take the bus. Until that, it wasn't such a bad day. But, when we entered into the driveway and we saw our Dad's car... It became a real mess. The three of us were worried as shit. I walked out of the car and came into the house to first. My sisters were hiding behind me as I was looking for the mess he had did. It wasn't so bad, for once. He had just drank an entire vodka bottle and he was asleep on the couch. Beer cans were lying on the floor too. 

- Go upstairs, I told the girls.

As soon as they did, I get into the kitchen and grabbed a trash bag. I cleaned everything, just hoping that my Dad wouldn't woke up. And that my Mom was staying at the hospital for the night. She seriously didn't needed that at all. 

After the living room was all cleaned, I made a quick dinner that I brought upstairs. I gave a plat to Waliyha and the other to Doniya. They both ate in their rooms, just as I did. I think that none of us wanted to talk about what we had just saw. 

I didn't realized that I had felt asleep until I woke up in the middle of the night. Something had felt in the kitchen. I instinctively went down to the first floor, hiding myself on the stairs. I saw Doniya standing next to the fridge, a broken glass of milk at her feet. She was cleaning it up when our father came into the room. He looked still intoxicated and I watched the scene, ready to come if something wrong was happening. He was only staring at her for the moment. I felt someone next to me and saw my other sister.

- What...

I cut her by putting one of my fingers on her lips. We surely didn't needed to be cut.

- Go back to your room, I whispered.

- But...

- Go to your room. I'm taking care of that.

She finally lifted herself up and get back into her room. The scene in front of me hadn't changed, except that my father was nearer to Doniya. She still didn't saw him, or she was acting like that. 

- You're stupid... He said, his voice pretty slow and low because of the alcohol. 

I saw her biting her lip. She was trying not to cry as she was putting everything in the trash. 

- You can't even fill up a glass of milk ! And you woke me up ! He started to scream and I rushed downstairs.

But I wasn'tfast enough. He had grabbed her by the top of her sweater and threw her on the counter. Her head knocked on it as I grabbed my father's arms. I made him turned to face me. I couldn't saw Doniya anymore but hearing her sobbing was enough to make me mad. 

- Get out of this house.

My words were harsh, but damn, this couldn't happen never again. It wasn't even supposed to happened once. 

- You won't tell me what to do, you piece of shit.

- You. Go. Out.

- No. I'm. Not.

He started to laugh and I lost it. My fist went into his face and we were both surprised. I then leaded him to the front door, that I locked after he was outside. I rushed back into the kitchen, where Doniya was back on her feet. She ran into my arms and I held her tight. She was crying pretty hard by them and it broke my heart even more than it already was. 

- You're okay ? I asked.

- Yeah, just... scared. 

- I'm here... He'll never touch you again...

She nodded and she held me even tighter. I really wanted to go out and beat the shit out of this man. I couldn't do that to our family. Breaking us even more than we already were. 

----

So ? What do you think about Daddy Malik ? I don't like him at all, like... Damn. 

But I'll marry Zayn anytime. x)

*Quite long, hope you enjoyed it !