Day 44

September 4th, 2009

I felt... Great when I got up that morning. I had sleep well and I knew I would talk to Eli. At least a bit. So I put my clothes on, adjusted my jacket and I was ready to go. Music in my ears, I was smiling while going to the bus stop. Once again, Waliyha was behind me, laughing. I was tired of earring her laughed that way, but I did nothing. By the way, it wouldn't had change a thing. 

As I entered in the first class, I went to sit in the back of the room, as always. I was staring at the door, a bit not there, in my taught. And she came in. A small smile took place on my face. Dying the second after because Derek was behind her, laughing. I grabbed my notebook and a pencil. I draw. Because I felt like the day before never happened. That I never talked with Eli and that we weren't friends anymore. It was just a few lines and I ripped the page off. I don't know, I didn't liked it. I started again as the teacher was talking in front of the class. Then she stopped and I taught that we had probably some exercises to do. And, with the sound around me, I could tell it was team work. I continued to draw, I wasn't feeling like working. Not at all. The drawing wasn't looking like anything when a shadow took place up to the sheet. I looked up, to see Eli. She sat on my desk, after getting everything out of her way. I then looked around, because I knew her enough to know that she wouldn't had done that during team work. And I saw that no one was working. And it wasn't our teacher in the front. 

- Substitute.

She was smiling, her legs swigging under the desk. 

- You know what it means ?

- You really want to do that ? I asked, laughing a bit. 

- Yeah ? 

I laughed again and I took a piece of paper out of my bag. She had, during that time, took a pencil and, when I handed her the sheet, she started to draw nine squares. And she put a circle in one. Yes, we were playing tic tac toe. We were always doing that, the year before, when there was substitute teacher. 

We laughed a lot during that period. It was only an hour but it felt like infinity. It was great to just be myself with Eli. Like before. But all that good feeling broke down when I saw the look Derek was giving me. I tried to ignore it, but I could feel it. He was staring at me. And I knew he didn't wanted me to be friend with Elizabeth again. It made me feel bad again. And, when Eli asked me if I wanted to go eat with everyone during lunch time, I declined her offer. I wouldn't be able to support Derek's look. I didn't say that, though. I told her I had things to do. Which wasn't such a lie. I had to get over her.

-----

Hi everyone ! I hope you're all great and... It's almost Christmas ! =D