Day 52

September 12th, 2009

As I woke up that morning, I went downstairs to eat something quickly, before the sunshine. We were still in the Ramadan so that was the condition for eating. I then went for a small run, because it was way too early for anyone to be awake. I did a 2 miles, not something big, but just enough to start me day by a good way. 

I took a long shower because I wanted to find out what I was doing that day. Waliyha screamed when I got out, telling that I wasn't the only member of the family. I laughed and she locked herself in the bathroom for at least an hour. And she was telling that. This is my sister's logic, I will never understand. As I got back into my room, I saw my phone vibrate on my nightstand. I got closer and saw the envelop sign beeping on the screen. I pressed my finger on it. It was an anonymous message.

"Take care Zayn. You don't know what's waiting on you..."

I erased it, it was just weird. Threat by texto, not original at all. I dropped my phone on the mattress, before getting in front of my wardrobe, looking for something to wear. I was becoming a bit cooler, so I tried a grey sweater with a pair of jeans with holes. I added to that my shoes and I was ready. Ready to go... Nowhere. I went downstairs and watched some cartoons with Safaa, until mid-day passed. I then kissed quickly her cheek and went outside. I walked up to the retirement house, I hadn't been there in a while and I was feeling guilty. 

When I got there, I smiled to the lady office and went upstairs. I knocked a couple of times on the door 231 before entering the room before Mister O'Neill even had the time to answer. He was in front of the TV, watching some replay of an old football game. 

- Hey, Zan ! You know football ?

- If I know football ? I said, sitting next to him. I eat football. 

Or at least, I did, a bit early in my life. I was doing football since I was four and I stopped two years ago. I think it was becoming too expensive for my parents. I didn't asked. It was my sport. I started to run after stopping it, because I needed to move. And I became pretty great, I think. 

- Who's playing ? I asked, looking at the screen and recognizing no one.

- You won't know. It was my college team against an other one.

- You played football ?

- You know, I was young at some point in my life. I did other things than sitting there and talking to you !

He started to laugh and I did the same. Then we looked back to the TV. And he seemed happy to talk to me about how it was before. What he was doing at college. And I realized it wasn't so different from now, in a point of view. It was just a matter of that. A matter of point of view.

-----

Hi people, how you're doing ? I hope you're all fine and that you liked this entry ! xx