Day 181

January 19th, 2010

I woke up that morning on the couch in Dr. Jefferson's office, Alexis lying on top of me. She was wearing my sweater, I had gave it to her the day before. We had stayed the night in the office, talking much of it. I learned later that we weren't allowed to do that and I was glad that Dr. Jefferson let us. I needed that, even though I had never admitted it before. 

Alexis moved a bit, intertwining our legs a bit more. I smiled and wrapped my arms tighter in her back. It was the first time we had only slept together, without having sex. It was different. Good, but different. She slowly woke up, giving me a small smile. 

- 'morning... She half-whispered, her voice was rough. 

- Morning...

She got up, letting only cold in my arms. My broken arms, full of cuts. Alexis never gave them a look, even though they were really apparent. She gave me my sweater back, with a shy "thank you". I only wanted her back in my arms. And that was unusual. I put the sweater back on, covering my wrist. 

- When are you leaving ? I asked while sitting up.

- In the afternoon. We can go for a walk, until then ?

I nodded then looked at the clock, just on top of the door. I was surprised to see that it was already mid-day. It had been a long, long while since I had slept that much. I decided to call that the "Alexis effect". We got out of the office, only to see Dr. Jefferson sitting on the chair next to the door, a book between his hands. 

- You had a great time ?

I just nodded and Alexis smiled. Dr. Jefferson got up and walked pass us. I wanted to thank him but I just... I couldn't get myself to talk while I knew my nurse was near me. So, as we were walking around the complex, my red-head was talking about almost anything. Going to her best friend Louis to my sister, passing by her "fucking damn homework". I smiled a lot, comparing to the other days. She was a sun, back then. She was able to make me see things a bit better. 

We were near the exit, she had to go in something like ten minutes. I didn't wanted her to, but I couldn't do a thing. She was talking about some random shit Louis did once, when she stopped herself. 

- Liam ? She half-screamed, smiling even more. 

And, of course, Liam needed to be that incredibly annoying guy that wanted to talk to me. I looked up to the sky and blew. He came near us and I needed to really control myself not to run away. 

- What are you doing here Al ? He asked, smiling as always.

- Meeting that awesome guy, she answered while grabbing my hand.

- Oh, you two are together ?

He looked at me like he was trying to tell me something, but I just looked away and stared at the wall over Alexis' shoulder. 

- Us ? Never going to happen ! He's a good friend of mine. It was nice seeing you Liam, but I need to go... My Mom's there. 

He nodded and gave her a quick hug before waving good bye. She then came to me and hugged me pretty tight. I didn't wanted to let her go, I was feeling less empty since I had saw her the day before. But I needed to. Just before she went outside, she turned to look at me over her shoulder. 

- Keep fighting Zayn. It's worth it. 

----

I like that entry, especially the ending.. ^^