Day 79

October 9th, 2009

The only good thing about that day, it was Alexis. Remember ? My first time at the camping that summer. By the way, it's not a big deal if you don't remember her. I think. I don't know, my head is just getting a bit hard to follow. 

So, Alexis texted me and it was the only great thing about that day. Because I had saw Derek and Eli kissing again, he had laughed at me all day long, Mark was out of sigh, Waliyha looked at me weird, Doniya was at a friend's house and Safaa was out in town with the parents. So, I was alone. When she sent the first message, I was sitting at my desk, in my bedroom, trying to do the tens homework I had to do. 

"Zayn... Can I ask you something ?"

At first, this freaked me out. But I was freaking out way too easily. 

"Yeah, sure. What's that about ?"

I had to wait for almost ten minutes before she answered. It wasn't such a big deal. I had wait for more than a month for Mark's one. 

"You'll find me stupid..."

"Go on and just tell me !"

"When's Thanksgiving in England ?"

I laughed. I really laughed. If you don't remember, Alexis told me she was going to Bradford for that occasion. The fact that was didn't even knew when it was made me laugh.

"You're serious ?"

"Yeah ! Hey, I'm not a British girl since a long time, ME ! I lived in France since I'm two, k' ?"

She was the only one able to make me laugh back in that day. And it was just with some text message, I don't even know what it would be like if she was in my room at that moment. 

"It's the 26 of November, that year"

"Oh... Still in a bit..."

"Yeah, I was wondering why you told me that so early x)"

"See in... more than a month then ! Damn."

I laughed again. I could almost see her face, surrender by her long and curly red hair. It was feeling great, to laugh with someone. She made me feel a bit better. She then called me and we talked for a while about stupid stuff. For a moment, I forgot about all the bad things in my life, I just enjoyed my Friday evening. I let my homework on the desk and l laid down in my bed. She was laughing too, she had a beautiful laugh. I heard her brother coming into her room a couple of times, telling her to "shut the fuck up down" because she was talking too loud. I liked to talk with her. No one hung up, we felt asleep while we were still on the phone. It was great to know that someone was liking me enough to spent a Friday night in the phone with the weirdo I was. I felt... Loved, for a bit. It was awesome.

----

Kind of short, sorry, I don't have a lot of ideas ! Tomorrow will be better ! 

*And I know people don't celebrate Thanksgiving in England, it's just.. I didn't knew at first and now... I'm just telling myself that it doesn't matter x)