Day 42

September 2nd, 2009

I didn't wanted to go the school, that day. But I needed to, because Waliyha would told me if I didn't go in the bus. So, I took it and went down to the stop in front of the school. But, when I wasn't in the view of my sister, I turned around. I didn't felt like seeing Derek today, who would probably be laughing next to Eli, looking at me with his arrogant smile. I always wanted to slap him in the face, when he was doing it. I hadn't sleep that night, so I would surely do that if I had saw him. That's why I walked away. I didn't went to school and I only hoped my mom would never know. Just as my dad. Because I would be in trouble. Like... Huge trouble. 

I went to the park, next to Eli's house. I don't know why it's the place I decided to go. Maybe because it was a calm spot. They're was a small forest behind it and, if you cross it, you can find a river. Not something big, but it's a nice spot. I sat on the drain, which was dumping all the dirty water. My bag was lying next to me and I opened it to find my notebook. I placed it on my knees and started to draw. My pen was going all over the paper, putting the river I was next to on the book. I made it a bit darker, because it was fitting with my mood. I always drew like my mood. Happy things if I was happy, sad things if I was sad. And I was sad. So it appeared on paper. 

I stayed there for a while, before looking at my cellphone. It was almost the time I finished school. I had spend all the day next to the river. That's when I taught that I should go get Safaa at her school. So, I put everything in my bag and walked up to the institution. Young people were running everywhere in the yard when I got there. I saw a teacher near the fence and I told her about my sister. She was remembering me, so it wasn't hard for me to take Safaa home. She grabbed my hand when she got out of the yard, smiling. She was happy to go the school, her. As we were about to leave, I heard my name, by a voice I immediately recognized. It was Dan, Eli's brother.

- Zayn ! So, you don't come home anymore ?

I looked at him, smiling a bit shyly. He went next to us, looking at me with his green eyes. The same as his sister's... 

- No, I know, euh... 

- I miss playing with you at video games. You were a good partner.

- Yeah, I miss this too...

- So, why don't you come over tonight ?

- I can't Dan...

- Why ?

He really wanted me to come over. But I couldn't. And I couldn't explain him why. So I just told him to talk with his sister and I left with Safaa. Who asked me a lot of questions. But I didn't answered. I was stocked in my head, thinking about so much things. Thinking about Eli. Again.

-----

Yesterday's entry, I told you I couldn't come ! But I'll post an other in a couple of minutes, I swear !

xx