Day 101

October 31th, 2009

Halloween. I had called Waliyha and Doniya in the morning, our Dad was out of sight. My cheek was hurting and it was red but my Mom didn't said a thing as I entered Safaa's room. She was way better than the last time. She was smiling and joking around, almost jumping on her bed. I laughed, she was pretty cute. 

- It's Halloweeeeeen ! Zayn, do you think I can still be a princess even if I stay there ?

- You'll always be my princess Saf.

Her smile went even bigger and I laid my shoulder on the wall. Seeing her talking with energy to my Mom gave me an idea. I didn't knew if it was a good or not, but I decided to try. Because it was probably her last Halloween and she liked that day more than any other. Even more than her own birthday. I told both of them that I was coming back and went in the hallway. For once in my life, I was lucky. I almost ran into the nurse that was on Safaa's case. I explained her my plan and she didn't seemed much on it. But when she entered my sister's room and that she saw her that happy and excited, she looked at me and nodded. I thanked her and quickly walked home. 

As I entered the house, I just went upstairs, up to Safaa's room. I looked into her closet, to find what I was looking for. I put it into my bag and than went into my room, putting some clean clothes on. I then ran up to the hospital, smiling as I went into my sister's room. 

- What do you have in your bag Zayn ?

I walked up to the bed, putting the bag on Safaa's tights. She opened it and her smile went even brighter when she saw the blue dress I had bought her a couple of months ago. 

- Why did you brought it there ?

She was looking at me with her big brown eyes, she was the prettiest girl I ever seen. 

- It's Halloween and a princess needs her candy, right ?

She looked like she was the happiest girl ever and she started to jump on the bed again. My Mom didn't seemed surprised, the nurse had probably told her before. She seemed happy. Like... The kind of happy she hadn't been in a while. And it made me happy to see her that way. 

We were walking for almost two hours when I started to notice that Safaa was becoming pretty tired. Her bag was almost full and her smile was still there. 

- One last ? I said and she nodded.

We walked up to the door side to side, me holding her hand. She knocked and an old woman opened. She smiled to my sister, then to me, before giving Safaa some candies. 

- Good bye young princess ! She said as we were walking away. 

I could saw in my sister's face that she was more than happy. I put the bag on my shoulder - it was an easy thing to do, it was my school bag because I couldn't find anything else - and hold Safaa in my arms. Her head was lying on my chest until I put her on her bed. I kissed her forehead before walking up to the door. 

- Zayn... ? She asked, almost asleep.

- Yeah Princess ?

- Could you stay... ?

I knew I wasn't supposed to, but no one was looking at my sister's room after eight. And it was almost nine. So I walked back to her bed, dropping the bag on the floor. I then took place on the mattress and Safaa laid her head on my chest. I could see her smiling while she was falling asleep. This is clearly to most beautiful thing I ever saw. 

----

Quite long but... I was inspired ! Tomorrow is a party, hope everyone will enjoyyy !