Day 46

September 6th, 2009

That day, I woke up early. I wanted to eat, because I had been hungry all the day before. I made some pancakes, a special ask from Safaa. She ate a lot of them and was all dirty by the end of the breakfast.

- It's the best pancakes eeever !

I laughed and passed my hand through her hair. Then I get upstairs, locking myself in my room. I wanted to go see Mister O'Neill, I only went to see him once that week. But it was way too early. So, I sat in front of my desk, drawing a bit. Nothing in particular, just a river in a forest. It was nothing, before I realized that it was the spot where I had my first time. I swallowed and closed my notebook. I didn't really wanted to think about that. I put it back at his place and got dressed. I then got downstairs and watch some Sunday cartoons with Safaa. She really seemed to like them, just as I was when I was five years old. When I saw that it was late enough, I kissed her on the cheek and went outside. I started to walked to the retirement house, my headphones on. I was always listening to music. Always. It was a part of me, of who I was. When I walked in, the lady office was there and she smiled at me. 

- Nice to see you again, Zayn.

- I had a lot of work, with school.

- Oh, yeah, that's true ! School is starting back !

- Yeah...

I smiled a bit and got into the staircase. I went to the second floor, room 231. I didn't even knocked on the door, I just entered. And I saw Mister O'Neill in front of the TV. He smiled a lot when he saw me. 

- Zan ! Come on in, young boy !

I went inside, closing the door behind me. I then sat next to him on the couch. 

- So, how you're doing ?

- Not so bad, I think.

- School is back, you saw Elizabeth ?

He was the first one to ask that. And I didn't taught that we'd talk about it. So I just froze, for a couple of seconds. 

- Euh... Yeah, I saw her. She's in all my classes.

- Did you talk to her ?

- Yeah, we're... We're kind of friends.

- Kind of ?

I tried to think about how I could explain the situation. I looked up to the ceiling, trying to find my words. It happened after a few minutes and I stared back to Mister O'Neill.

- Her best friend, Derek, doesn't like that. So I don't think we'll stay friends for a long time. She loves him too much to loose him.

- Wanna ear something ?

I nodded, because I knew he would tell me anyway. He had did that a couple of times, already.

- Don't let that relation brings you down. Stay true and, most of all, make things that'd make you happy. Just you. Not the others.

-----

Merryyyyy Christmas ! *i know, it's Christmas eve, but who cares ?* I love Mister O'Neill, you can't even imagine ! I need one in my life right now... 

Love you all, xx