Day 145

December 14th, 2009

It had been a long day at school, something boring that doesn't even need to be told to anyone. Just the usual thing. I was alone, Derek was laughing at me. So much fun. 

I was in the middle of eating alone - because Waliyha was at a friend's and I couldn't blame her to want to be away from here - when my phone rang. I put it on speaker, putting it on the table next to my plate. I didn't even looked who it was before answering, I was feeling way too alone to mind being thrown bullshit at. 

- Hey, Zayn ? A young voice I recognized instantly filled up the room.

- Hey, I thought you were dead or something.

Alexis' laugh came to my ear and it was a good sound to hear. Even if I was feeling sad because she hadn't called me earlier. She was supposed to call me almost a week ago. 

- No, I just had... Stuff to do.

- Yeah, people always have better stuff to do than call me. Or even send me a text.

I knew I was sending over her my shitty day, but I couldn't helped but do it anyway. Her tone was cold when she spoke again.

- You're being nice today, that's awesome. 

I blew and looked to the sky before putting my plate away like I was doing when I was a child. Maybe I still was. 

- Sorry, it just had been... a rough day.

- I pushed it, I should have called. 

A silence filled the line and I closed my eyes. My heart was aching, not to hear anything in that damn house other that the fridge and Alexis' breathing. But she was so damn far away. 

- What happened with Louis ? I asked, trying to break the silence. 

- Oh, euh... Nothing much.

- Okay...

She didn't wanted to talk about it so I didn't pushed it. I get up, threw my phone on the counter then get my plate and went to the sink to washed it. 

- I'm sorry Zayn. I just don't feel like talking about my shit. I'm not that kind of person. 

- It's okay, I told her, hoping that the break in my voice had been covered by the water. You just called me half crying and made me sing a lot of Backstreet Boys songs. 

It was her turn to blew and I turned the water off, before sitting on the counter, next to my phone. It was only that for a few minutes, me looking at my fingers, playing angrily with them. I was about to push away one of the last people that was still caring a bit about me. 

- We had a fight. We never had one like that before. I was just... A bit freaked out. 

- You don't have to tell me.

- You'll be pouting all night if I don't.

- I'm never pouting.

But I laughed because I knew she was right. I was already doing it a bit. For the rest of the night, I had a small smile on my lips, as we continued to talk about the most random subjects. It felt almost great, for a minute, to be sitting on the counter, all alone in that house in Bradford. 

----

So, I kind of like this one, what about you ? I just hope there's not a lot of mistakes, I'm tired as hell x)

Love u all xxx