Day 3

July 25th, 2009

I just realized I never really presented myself. Except by saying that I'm Zayn Malik and a looser. I can do that on that page, because nothing really happened that day. I think you should know who I am.

I never been that popular kid everyone loved. But I had a couple of good friends and, until July 23th 2009, the best girlfriend you could ever imagine. We've been together for a year or so. It was pretty nice, but complicated with Derek. Yeah, Derek is Eli's best friend. I told you about him, yeah ? I hated him. I still don't like him. We fought once but... I'll tell you the details later. Mark was my best friend, I literally knew him since I was born. We went through many things together. Mostly all the happy time I had, it was with him. Alec was an other of my good friend. But he was gone for the summer in America to see his family. I missed him quite a lot. Those are the people I was mainly hanging out with. There was sometimes the guy who lives in front of Eli's house that was coming in town with us, but that was it. It was great. 

Now, you know my friends. But still, you don't really know me. No one really knows me, by the way. I don't think I know myself anymore neither. Back in that time, I was still laughing a lot. And I was still near my family. I still love them a lot, I just don't show it anymore. Don't ask me why, it's a protection. 

I just read what I wrote. I'm a boring person, don't you think so ? Yeah, I think that too. 

Let's get back to that day, July 25th, 2009. 

I stayed at home, helping my mom to do some household tasks. I just had nothing else to do. I tried to call Mark in the morning, but he never answered on his cellphone. I tried the house phone, and his mom told me he went in town with Elizabeth. I felt alone. But it was OK. It wasn't too hard to handle. After doing all that stuff for Mom, Safaa went back home almost crying. I went in the living room, where she was, and I sat in front of her. 

- Hey... Safaa ? You're okay ?

She shook her head and the tears started to run down her face. I took her hands in mine and kissed her forehead. 

- What happened Safaa ? I asked, anxious. 

- I fell off my bike and Nina said I was a looser...

- Let her say whatever she wants. You'll always be my princess.

- I love you Zayn...

- I love you too.

I wiped her tears and asked her to smile at me. She did it and I took her into the bathroom, to clean her knee. It wasn't that bad, just a bit of blood. But, for a five years old girl, it was a lot. I put a small bandage and we went down in the kitchen. She sat on her chair, smiling at me. I took place next to her and she grabbed my hand.

- You're the best brother of aaaaaaaall the universe ! 

This made me smile. A lot. Because she was five and I knew she meant it. 

-----

Day 3... What do you guys think ?