Mason

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Uhh, I'm Y/N," I said awkwardly to the class.

"Alright, you can have a seat by Luke Hemmings," the teacher said pointing to a guy with blonde hair.

I walked back quickly to the desk and sat down, feeling stares on my back.

"Hey," Luke said.

"Hi," I smiled.

~~~~

The class ended and I made my way into the hallway to wait for Calum. To be honest, he was kinda cute, but we just met. Luke then walked up to me.

"You want me to show you your next class?"

"No, thanks. I'm waiting for Calum," I explained.

"Hmm, okay. Well, see you around".

"Hey," I heard a recognisable shy voice behind me say. I turned around to see Calum.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Ready to go to your next class?" he asked.

"No, but I don't really have a choice".

He smiled, "Well what's your next class?"

I looked on my schedule. "Study hall," I said.

"Cool, we have study hall together," he said with a smile.

He led me down the hallway, but people started to crowd the hallway.

"Ouch," I said as I tripped. Calum looked back at me, gave me his hand, and I stood up.

"You okay?" he asked, not letting go of my hand.

"Yeah".

"The hallways get a little crowded," he said.

He led me through the crowd and we headed outside. We walked to the side of the school. There was a swing set in a field surrounded by trees.

"This is where we have study hall," he said. I nodded. I looked at him as he looked down at our intertwined fingers. When he realized I was looking at him, he let go.

"Uhh, sorry. Didn't want you to get lost or anything," he said as he blushed and looked away.

"It's all good. Umm, where do you want to sit?" I asked.

He looked at me, surprised. "You want to sit... with me?" he asked.

"If it's okay? I don't have to if you don't want me to".

"No, I want you to. I just assumed you didn't want to? I don't know, I'm being stupid, sorry... Umm, by that tree?" he kinda mumbled the middle part.

"Yeah, sure".

We walked over to the tree and sat down. I put my backpack beside me and pulled out my drawing notebook and pencils. I could see Calum watching me out of the corner of my eye, making me a little uncomfortable. I flipped to the page I was previously working on, which was a pencil drawing of a  golden retriever.

"That's really good," Calum said.

"Oh, thanks. You like to draw?" I asked.

"No, I can't draw anything, I'm really bad at it," he said.

"Do you doing anything else as a hobby?" I asked him.

"Well, I like to play football (soccer) and the acoustic guitar. I want to play the bass, but I can't afford to buy one".

"Oh, I see," I said.

"Why'd you want to come to Norwest?" he asked.

"Well, we had to move from America because my dad got a new job around here, so..."

"Cool," he said.

I nodded my head and continued to draw.

~~~

The bell rang and I put my stuff in my backpack.

"Well, you get to go home now," Calum said with a smile.

"Yeah, that's good. I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked.

"Uhh, yeah. See you tomorrow".

I smiled and started walking home. While walking, I started to think about Calum. He seemed really nice and sweet. But that's how Mason seemed when I first met him, but he wasn't what he seemed.

*Flashback*

"I'm going to kill myself if you break up with me, Y/N. I'm serious. Don't make me do this to myself. Please? For me? For us," he said.

"But, why would you lie to me? Why would you cheat on me and threaten to kill yourself if I say I'm going to break up with you? You made out with another girl, right in front of me and you think that's okay? You think I don't want to break up with you?" My voice raising.

"Babe, I was drunk. Pl-"

"Being drunk doesn't mean you can just make out with whoever you feel like. If I really am your girlfriend, you would treat me with more respect!" I yelled and stormed out of the house.

*End of flashback*

"I hate him," I muttered to myself. He's part of the reason why I moved. Yes, my dad had a job here, but my parents are divorced. I got to choose who I lived with and I chose dad. But my mom is also an alcoholic that needs help, but refuses to get it. I sighed. I walked up to the doorstep and opened the door to the house.