Running Low on Patience

Calum's P.O.V.

I can't stand that arrogant bastard. He was so disrespectful to Y/N. I was surprised she didn't kick him out. How could he be so heartless?

"Y/N, what's for dinner?" Mason asked. We were all watching some show that Mason wanted to watch. God, he's like a bratty, little kid who can put sentences together.

"I don't know. We could order pizza," she said.

"Fine by me," I said. She got up and grabbed the phone and dialed a number.

"Damn, I wanted her to cook something," he said.

"Food is food. No matter what, you're gonna eat it. If you really wanted a home cook meal, you should've stayed with your mum," I said, annoyed.

"Chill out, I'm just stating my opinion".

I sighed.

"What do you have against me?" he asked.

"How you treated Y/N. She doesn't deserve to be treated that way by anyone. She doesn't feel safe around you".

"Who do you think you are? You're not her boyfriend, you don't get to control her life," he said.

"No one should control Y/N, she's her own person who can make her own decisions. Whether she has a boyfriend or not, that doesn't matter".

Y/N came back and sat down in between Mason and I.

"It'll be here in 45 minutes," she said.

~~~

Their was a knock on the door and Y/N got up with a debit card in her hand.

"Thank you," she said, and closed the door. She put the pizza on the table in front of us and I opened the lid. We all grabbed a piece and sat in silence with the TV playing in the background.

~~~

"I'm gonna sleep, it was a long flight," Mason said as he stood up and walked down the hall. The door shut and it was just Y/N and I sitting on the couch.

"I can't believe he's here," she said.

"You want him here?" I asked her.

"No, I'm just saying, I thought I wouldn't ever have to see him again," she said, looking like she was on the verge of tears. I leaned back and pulled her in for a hug, which was more of a *I put arm around you and attempt to pull you closer without it being very awkward,* but, surprisingly, it wasn't that weird.

"I'm just wondering if he'll ever be out of my life," she said, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"I'm sure he will. Maybe not right this minute, but later, in a month or even maybe a few years... I'm sure he won't bother you anymore, and you won't have to deal with him again".

"Thank you, Cal. You're the best," she said, closing her eyes. We sat there, in peace, for a while. The TV was still on, but I didn't know what channel it was turned to last. I looked at Y/N with admiration, she looked relaxed and calm.

A while later, I heard a door open and footsteps coming to the living room.

"I'm hungry," he said, making his way to the kitchen.

He came back with a bag of chips and sat on the other side of the couch.

"What're you watching?" he asked.

"Don't know".

"Where's the remote?"

"Don't know".

"Why are you still awake? It's... three in the morning," he said.

"Not tired," I said, a little annoyed.

"You're gonna be tired," he said.

"Then I'll go," I said, trying to keep as much anger from my voice as possible. I picked up Y/N and carried her to her room. I layed her down, putting her head on the pillow, and pulling the sheets up to her chest. She didn't specify if it was okay to sleep in the same bed, so I pulled out a hoodie from my duffle bag, put it on, and layed down on the floor.