Ignoring Phone Calls

Y/N's P.O.V.

"So Ashton, will you join 5 Seconds Of Summer?" Calum asked.

"Yeah, totally," he said.

"Yay!" Luke squealed like a little girl. We all laughed and my phone rang again.

Dad.

"Uh-uh, not today," I thought to myself clicking the ignore button.

"Have you talked to your Dad?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, I did when Calum was gone," I said.

"Why didn't you want to talk to him now?" he asked.

"I didn't want to interrupt," I said.

"You can call him back if you want to now," Michael said.

"No, it's okay," I said.

"So, are you guys gonna start writing some songs?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah, I had some ideas," Luke said.

"We should start writing then. I've had a folder of ideas and stuff for songs at the house," Calum said.

"Really? You should bring them by sometime," Luke said.

My phone started ringing again. Before I could click "ignore," Michael grabbed it and clicked "answer". I knocked the phone out of his hands and hung up.

"Michael!" I said, but it came out louder than intended.

"What?" he asked.

"Don't touch my phone," I said.

"We'll be right back," Michael said, dragging me out into the hallway and closed Luke's bedroom door.

"Y/N, tell me the truth. Did you run away?" he asked.

"What makes you think that?"

"Well, you never seemed to like your dad and you always tried to get away from him. Like that time you ran away into the forest when he said you were moving back to America. Remember when I found you passed out and Calum came thinking you were dead? I don't want that to happen to you again. Also, you never answer his calls. He called you at least four times today and you haven't picked up once," he said. I didn't say anything.

"Look Y/N, I'm not trying to sound angry or anything, but if you ran aw-"

"Yes," I said, cutting him off. Michael kind of stared at me in a disbelief.

"Yeah Michael, I ran away".

"You what?" Calum asked. I looked over at him in shock.

"I'm sorry, Cal," I said.

"But... why?" he asked.

"I couldn't take it anymore," I said.

"But why didn't you tell me?" he asked.

"I didn't want you to worry about me," I said.

"Y/N," he said looking at me with sorrow in his eyes. I didn't say anything.

"Y/N... I-I think you should... go back to America," Calum said. I couldn't believe what he was saying.

"Why?"

"Your dad's worried about you. If things get hard, you can't just... run off".

A tear rolled down my cheek. Didn't he want to see me? Wasn't he against my dad? Doesn't he want me to stay?

I ran out of the house as Calum came after me, but stopped after I ran a few blocks. I went to Calum's and got my stuff. I ran out of the house and went to mine. I still had the key. I unlocked the door and walked inside. I went to my room, which was just a bed and a bare mattress. None of my decorations were left on the walls and none of my clothes were in my closet, just two plastic hangers.

My phone rang, it was Calum. I turned my phone off, which is what I should've done in the first place, and fell on my bed. I wiped my tears off and layed on my side.

"Y/N... I-I think you should... go back to America," Calum's voice replayed in my head.

"If things get hard, you can't just... run off".

I wanted to be back home. I wanted to come back and see everyone again. To get away from my dad and people from my school. I wanted to feel like I belonged. I wanted to be with Calum, but even he pushed me away.