Beaches, Bands, and Unexpected News

Calum's P.O.V.

We were now walking on the boardwalk on the beach. Y/N and Aleisha were walking ahead of us, despite their high heels, laughing and making conversation. Luke and I slowly walked in silence, a couple yards behind Y/N and Aleisha.

"Did you post the video yet?" I asked.

"I'm editing it. It should be posted by tomorrow," Luke said. I nodded my head as we walked in more awkward silence.

Aleisha and Y/N turned around and walked back to Luke and I.

"Hey, Luke. I'm sorry, but I have to go. Family emergency," Aleisha said, a hint of worry in her voice.

"Oh, okay. Is everything alright?" Luke asked.

"I don't know, but I'll see you tomorrow at school?" Aleisha asked.

"Uh- yeah, see you tomorrow," Luke said as Aleisha walked off in the other direction.

"Well, what are we gonna do now?" I asked.

"We could go check out those bands that are playing on the beach," Luke said.

"Yeah, that sounds good," Y/N said. We walked a little ways until we saw a stage and a bunch of teenagers crowded around, dancing and jumping up and down. We joined in and made our way to the middle of the crowd. Y/N, Luke, and I were jumping up and down to the music. The song ended and we all clapped.

"How's everyone doing tonight?" the person asked from the stage. The crowd screamed.

"Well, now we're going to slow it down a bit so everyone grab a partner," they said and started playing.

Y/N and I slow danced to the song. My hand on her waist and hers on my neck. Meanwhile, Luke was swinging sideways by himself holding his arms in an "X" across his chest. Y/N looked over and laughed quietly.

"Poor Luke," she said.

"He'll get over it, I'm just glad you're here," I said. She blushed and I kissed her forehead.

"You're so adorable," I said, lifting her head up with my fingers, making her cheeks a darker shade of pink.

"Stop it, I am not," she said, laughing.

"Yes, you are," I said, kissing her, soft pink lips. Our lips disconnected as the song ended and we both clapped.

The band played their final song which was a cover of "American Idiot" by Green Day. We went back to jumping and screaming the lyrics until the song was over.

~~~

"Well, that was fun," Y/N said, standing in front of her house. Luke was waiting in my mum's car.

"Yeah, it was," I said, smiling. We were about to kiss, when my phone buzzed.
"Way to ruin the moment," I thought. I got my phone out of my pocket and read the text from Michael.

"Oh my god," I said in disbelief.

"What is it?" Y/N asked, worried.

"Michael's been arrested".