A State No One Knows

Y/N's P.O.V.

We had taken a taxi to our new house. Dad had been talking nonstop since we got on the flight. I got out of the taxi and opened the trunk. I grabbed my backpack and the suitcase, Dad getting the boxes we had grabbed from the carousel.

"Well, what do you think?" he asked. I looked at the house. It was a house that was painted brownish tan on the outside. It had a white garage door and it looked like it had an upstairs. Dad unlocked the door and we walked in.To the right was a living room that had a flat screen, an L-couch, and a glass coffee table. To the right was a dining room table that could seat six people. I walked through the dining room and to the kitchen. It had granite countertops and white cabinets. I went outside to the back deck and looked out on our fenced in yard. I went back inside and went to the bedroom. It was a master connected to a bathroom, the only bathroom on the lower level.

"This is my room," Dad said walking in. I walked out and he shut the door behind me. I went upstairs to my room. It was a little smaller than the master bedroom, but not by much. It also had a connecting bathroom and a walk in closet. I looked in the room beside me which was a TV room. It had a loveseat and a smaller flat screen than the one downstairs. I went to my bathroom and took a quick shower and fell asleep on my bed. Maybe this place wasn't so bad...

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing. It was Calum.

"Calum?" I asked in a scratchy voice. It was five in the morning.

"Hey, love," he said in a sweet voice.

"It's so early? What's up?" I asked.

"Luke and Michael wanted to talk to you".

"Oh, okay," I said. There was a lot of mumbling going on on the other line.

"Hey, Y/N. How's Minnesota?" Luke asked.

"It's... I don't know. It seems okay, I guess," I said.

"Have you gone to school yet?"

"No, I'm getting ready though," I said. I figured should, since I was already awake.

"I want to talk," I heard Michael say from the other line.

"Not your turn," Luke said, harshly.

"Just put it on speaker phone," Calum said.

"Hi, Y/N," Michael said, excitedly.

"Hey, Michael".

"So, we have some news that we wanted to tell you," they said.

"Oh yeah?"

"We finally decided on a profile picture and we posted a cover on it today during school," they said, excitedly.

I laughed, "I'm happy for you guys. What song?"

"Next to You by Chris Brown and Justin Bieber," Calum said.

"That's great," I said, getting up from bed and heading to the bathroom.

"We miss you, Y/N," Luke said.

"But Calum misses you the most," Michael said.

"I miss all of you too," I said, brushing my hair.

"When can you come to visit?" Michael asked.

"Who knows. I just got here yesterday so probably not for awhile," I said, sadly.

"Aww, that sucks. I'm so used to seeing you every day," he said. All of a sudden, my dad walked in my room.

"Hey, guys. I gotta go. I'll talk to you guys soon," I said.

"Bye, Y/N," they said.

"I love you," Calum said.

"I love you too," I said quietly so my dad wouldn't hear and hung up the phone.

"Who were you talking to?" Dad asked.

"Uhh- Trevor. I wanted to thank him for bringing my stuff to the airport," I lied.

"Oh okay. As long as you're not talking to that Calum guy, that's fine," he said.

"You should get ready," he said and then walked out of the room. I got ready and went downstairs to get some food. I had toast and walked to school.