Moving On and Covering

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Time to get up for school," Dad yelled from the foot of the bed.

"It's Saturday," I said, tired.

"Well, why don't we go somewhere?"

"I don't want to go anywhere today," I said.

"Why don't you want to go?" he asked.

"I need to cope," I said.

"No, you don't. Your mother's in hell now, where she belongs. Now, get ready. We'll go get some breakfast," he said, a little annoyed.

"How could you say that?" I asked him, sitting up.

"It's true," he said, shrugging.

"If it's so true, then why did you drop everything to go see her in the hospital? You flew all the way to America to go see her and you just... move on like that? How is it so easy to say terrible things about her like that? Wh-"

"Y/N," my dad said, trying to hold back his anger.

"No, Dad. It's true. Why the hell are you so bipolar about her? The other night, you said she was still our family. A real family wouldn't tell someone they belong in hell. Y-"

"Y/N! Move on! She's gone! There's no use in fighting about her! Get ready!" he yelled.

"You can't just move on fr-," was all I got out before I felt a burning sensation on my right cheek. But that's when it came together... My dad had smacked me... Out of anger.

"Get. Ready," he said sternly, and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

"What the fuck?" I thought. I got out of bed, changed clothes, and practically ran out of the house. I wasn't gonna stay in there with him... Especially now...

I had so many questions I wanted to ask him, but I knew they wouldn't get answered for awhile.

I was deep in my thoughts and didn't really pay much attention to where I was walking, so it ended up to me turning on a bunch of streets. I recognized the street I was on, but I didn't know why. I snapped out of my thoughts and started looking at the houses. Then I realized, I was on Calum's street. I sighed and looked down at the sidewalk.

"He does love me," I thought, making me smile. I ran into something... Err- someone. I looked up to see Luke.

"Y/N, what're you doing here?" he asked.

"I was just going on a walk and ended up here".

"You didn't know where you were going, but you ended up at Calum's? Strange..." he said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"We're filming the cover here. Calum didn't want to come to my house because he thought he would feel uncomfortable so... Yeah".

"Why are you doing it so early?" I asked.

"It's 10. I mean, it's not that early. Maybe for some people, but definitely not me," he said.

"Wait, it's 10? I've been walking for two hours?" I said out loud.

"Two hours? Wow, you must've been lost in thought then," he said, laughing.

"Oh, umm, yeah," I said, quietly.

"Something on your mind?" he asked.

"No, not really," I lied. To be honest, I just really wanted to talk to Calum. I wanted him to comfort me and tell me it was going to be okay.