You're Not Pathetic

Calum's P.O.V.

I could tell that something was up with Y/N. I didn't want to seem nosey, but I kinda wanted to know what was going on... I just wanted to comfort her and let her know that she has someone who cares about her.

The bell rang, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"You want me to walk you to class?" I asked her.

"Sure," she said, getting up.

I grabbed her hand and walked out the room.

"What class?" I asked.

"Algebra".

I nodded my head and walked to her class.

"Here's your class, I'll come get you when it's over, okay?" I asked.

She nodded her head.

"Thank you, Calum," she said quietly. Before I could say anything, she walked into her class.

I went back to the band room where Michael was.

"You should talk to her," he said right as I walked in.

"Yeah, she said she would tell me what's up later. Did she say anything to you?" I asked.

"No, I asked her if she wanted to talk about it and she just shook her head. I don't have a great connection with her like you do, so I didn't expect her to tell me anything".

I nodded my head.

"I just hope there's something I can do to make her feel better," I said.

"I don't know, dude. It kinda seems personal, but who knows. Umm..."

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Are you gonna ask her out today?"

"I don't know, the timing is all wrong," I said.

"But do you really think she'll say yes if Luke asks her?"

"I don't know. She probably will, any girl would. I wouldn't blame her if she did. Plus she doesn't need a pathetic guy like me for a boyfriend..."

"Dude, stop saying that. You're not as pathetic as you make yourself out to be," he said.

I shrugged my shoulders.