A Visiter?

Y/N's P.O.V.

I was so grateful that Calum would stay with me. Plus, it was a sleepover with Cal. It's only been about a week since we met, but it's been the best week I've had with any person. I'm excited to see him at school everyday and when we hang out outside of school, it makes me feel important, and special.

~~~After School~~~

"Hey, I have to get some clothes from my house, is it cool if we walk together?" Calum asked me.

"Yeah, I don't want to go home and see Mason... alone".

We started walking to his house.

"How did Mason... become your boyfriend?" Calum asked out of the blue.

"I'm sorry, that's none of my business," he said.

"No, it's fine. My old friend introduced him and we just started talking about stuff. After about two months of talking to each other, we went on our first date. We were a couple soon after that, but when I was his girlfriend, he didn't treat me the same anymore. He wanted to... try things with me that I wasn't comfortable with, but he still made me do it. Everytime I tried to break up with him, he said he would kill himself, so I didn't do anything. When we went out in public together, he would always flirt with other girls and when I tried to confront him about it, he just got really defensive and sometimes got a little abusive," I said.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with that. That must've been hell," he said.

"It was, I hate him for it. He made me feel... worthless. Like I was only good for sex".

"No one should be treated that way. Why are people so selfish and heartless to other people? It makes me sick," he said.

I nodded my head in agreement.

"Thank you for doing this, Cal. You really are the best," I said.

"It's the least I can do," he said.

"The least? What're you talking about?"

"You took the time to get to know me, not many people I know would do that for me. You make me feel better about myself, Y/N," he said.

I smiled, "It's important to let you know you mean a lot to me. You're my first, real friend I've had for awhile with great opinions. I can tell you're not one of those fake people, and I can trust you, with everything," I mumbled the last part.

"I trust everything with you too," he said.

~~~

"Here's my house," he said. He opened the door and I walked in. I saw Mali sitting on the couch watching something on TV. I looked around. It was a semi-open concept house, but the kitchen was in another room.

"Where are Mom and Dad?" Calum asked.

"Still working. Oh, hi. Y/N, right?" she asked.

"Yeah".

"I'm Mali, his older sister. Come, sit," she said, patting the seat next to her. You went and sat down.

"Hey, she's my guest," Calum said.

"Excuse me if I want to know more about your girlfriend," she said.

"Fine, just don't..." Calum said and gave Mali a look.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," she said.

"I'll go get my stuff together," he said, as he walked upstairs.

"So, how's school?" she asked.

"It's good... pretty boring though".

"Yeah, it is. What year? She asked.

"Year 9. What about you?"

"Oh, I'm in college. I took a week off to visit family," she said.

"Wow, what are you going to major in?"

"I haven't fully decided yet, but I'm leaning towards Musicology".

"Hey, Y/N, can you come here?" I heard Calum from upstairs.

I went upstairs and walked into Calum's room. There were a bunch of band posters, a twin bed in a corner of the room, and a desk in the other corner. There were a CD rack filled with a bunch of CD's under the window.

"How many days can I stay over?" he asked as he was putting more clothes into a duffel bag.

"I mean, you can stay over as long as you want, but Mason's probably going to stay until Friday when my dad gets back," I said.

"As long as I want?" he asked.

"Yeah, but I'm sure you'll be sick of me by the end of Friday, anyway".

"Please, it's gonna be extremely hard to get sick of you," he said.

"Okay, I'm ready," he said.

We walked down the stairs to the living room.

"Mali, will you take us to Y/N's house?" Calum asked.

"Yeah, sure. Wait, what do you mean by... us?"

"Uhh- I'm going to sleepover at her place for a few nights," he said.

"Why?" she asked.

"Well-"

"My dad left a couple days ago to visit my mom in the hospital and he sent my ex to come stay with me since my dad trusts him for some reason," I said.

"Did you make a plan so you two could sleep together?" she asked.

"No! Mali, Y/N, is it okay if I tell her the whole story?" Calum asked.

"Yeah".

Calum explained it all, from me moving from America, to my dad going back, and then everything I told him about Mason.

"Wow, that's a lot to take in," she said.

"Will you please drive us to her house? I want her to feel safe in her own home," Calum said.

"Yeah, let's go," she said.

~~~

"Will you type in your address in my phone, Y/N," Mali asked, handing me her phone.

"Yeah, here," I said as I typed in the address and gave her the phone.

"What are you going to tell Mom, Cal?" Mali asked.

"That I'm staying at a friend's house?" Calum said, but came out more as a question.

"I'll cover for you since you clearly don't have a handle on this," she said.

After a few minutes, we were at my house. I looked out the window before Mali stopped the car and there he was, sitting on the doorstep...

Mason.