Football

Y/N's P.O.V.

I woke up laying on Calum's chest. Michael and Luke went home last night saying they would consider starting the band. Calum and I laid in his bed and watched a movie while we cuddled.

"Morning, princess," Calum said, kissing the top of my head.

"You sound like Luke," I said, laughing.

Calum didn't say anything, he put his arm around me and stroked my hair.

"Calum, you have football tryouts today," Joy said as she walked in Calum's room with a basket full of laundry.

"Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt," she said, putting clothes on the chair and walked out of the room.

"I forgot about that," Calum said. I looked up at him.

"You play competitive league?" I asked.

"Yeah, I told you that the day we met.... I said, I play football as a hobby, or something like that".

"Oh, yeah. But playing for a hobby is different than playing competitive," I said.

"I guess, I probably won't make it on the team anyways," he said.

"Why do you doubt yourself so much?"

"What?"

"You always doubt yourself. You say you're bad at singing, but you're amazing at it. Now, you're doubting your soccer skills," I said.

"Football," he corrected.

"Right, not in the U.S. anymore. But still, you should give yourself more credit," I said.

"Hmm... I should probably get ready," he said. We got out of bed and he took off his shirt as I watched.

"Y/N Y/L/N, are you checking me out?" he asked with a slight smirk.

"Maybe," I said, blushing and looked away.

"You're adorable," he said, quietly. He got his shirt on and put on some athletic shorts. He walked into his connecting bathroom and fixed his hair into his normal fringe.

"Are you gonna come with me?" he asked.

"Yeah, I guess," I said. I looked down to see what I was wearing. I figured, I should change into something else since it would be cool outside. I got out a grey hoodie and some jeans and changed in the bathroom.

"You still have my hoodie?" Calum asked as I walked out of the bathroom.

"Oh, yeah. You can have it back if you want it," I said.

"No, it looks better on you," he said. We went downstairs and Joy drove us to a stadium.

"I'll see you two later," she said and drove off. We walked through the gate and were greeted by a guy who looked to be about 19 years old.

"And you are?"

"Calum Hood," Calum said. The guy gave him a lanyard with a tag that had his name on it.

"And you?" he asked me, looking me up and down.

"My girlfriend," Calum said, taking my hand and walking away. I'm not gonna lie, that felt nice to hear Calum say I was his girlfriend.

"Weirdo," Calum muttered. We didn't really know where to go, so we wandered around.

"I think I need to go there," he said, pointing to the people on the field.

"Okay... Umm... where do I go?" I asked.

"Umm... I think you can sit in the stands and I'll come get you when I'm done," he said.

"Okay," I said. He went down to the field and I went down to the second row in the stands. I got out my phone to see my dad had replied to my email. I unlocked my phone and it read...

I'll come get you if I have to. You're not 18 yet, you're not even 16. Come home before I make you. Don't make this more complicated than it is. I decided, we're moving.

I didn't respond, but was a little irritated with him. He didn't even consider my side of the story. I wasn't coming home and he wasn't gonna find me again. I put my phone back in my pocket and watched Calum dribble and shoot the ball into the net. He looked at me and I smiled, he returned the smile and jogged back to the middle of the field.

~~~

A couple hours later, Calum walked up from the field to me.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

I nodded my head and we waited for Joy to pick us up.

"Sorry, I didn't expect it to take this long," he said.

"It's all good. Did you make the team?" I asked.

"I don't know. They said they would call in a few days if you made the team, so hopefully, I did," he said as the car pulled up. We got in and were greeted by Joy.

"Can you drop us off at the mall?" Calum asked.

"Sure," Joy said and she drove off.