Fights, Disagreements, and Ferris Wheels

Calum's P.O.V.

"Stop it! Let go of me!" I heard Y/N yell. I jumped out of bed and ran to the living room where I saw Y/N headlocked in between Mason's arms.

"What the hell are you doing, Mason? Let go of her" I said to him, rushing to Y/N's side. Mason let her go and she hugged my side.

"What the heck did you do this time?" I asked Y/N.

"He punched me in the stomach and then squeezed my neck in between his arms," she said.

"Why the hell did you do that to her?"

He just shrugged.

"No, give me an actual answer," I said, angry.

"She wouldn't do what I told her to," he said.

"She doesn't have to. She is her own, unique person that won't be told what to do by some piece of shit," I yelled.

"Whatever," he mumbled, walking away.

"No, apologize," I commanded.

"I'm not gonna do that," he said, laughing.

"Apologize or you're sleeping outside," I said.

"Fine, I'm sorry," he mumbled, then quickly walked off and slammed the door to "his" room.

"Are you okay?" I asked Y/N, still clinging to my side.

She nodded her head, but a tear was slipping down her cheek. I rubbed her tear off with the sleeve of my sweater and she looked up at me.

"Thank you," she said.

I smiled at her, "you don't have to thank me".

She left my side and sat on the couch. I sat beside her.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"6:13".

"You still haven't eaten?" I asked. She shook her head, no.

"We could go out tonight," I said.

"Who's gonna drive us?"

"I can call us an Uber," I said.

"Alright. Where are we going to go?"

"You want to walk around Sydney again and we could find a place to eat?"

"Sounds like a plan," she said and smiled. I called the Uber...

"Should be here in ten minutes," I said.

"Okay, I'll get my shoes on," she said as she got up off of the couch and went to her room.

~~~(Ten Minutes Later)~~~

"Mason, you're on your own tonight, bye," Y/N yelled as she closed the door.

"I'll pay," I said as we got into the car.

"No, you're not paying, I have my dad's debit card. He said I could only use it on food. Plus, you paid last time," she argued.

"But last time, we were on a date, so it doesn't count because I asked you and you agreed to go with me. Technically, this isn't a date and you're letting me stay at your house".

"I asked you to stay, and you stayed on behalf of your own kindness. I'm paying," she said.

"Alright..." I said, feeling a little guilty.

We got dropped off by the pier.

"What should we eat?" she asked.

"Burgers?"

"Yeah," she said with excitement. We ordered two cheeseburgers and two sides of fries with a large drink to share.

"Are you a germaphobe?" she asked me after we ordered.

"Well, in this case, no," I said. The food came out and we carried it to the edge of the pier and sat down on the ledge, watching the sunset.

"It's pretty out here," she said, taking a bite of her food.

"Yeah".

"Better not throw me in the ocean this time," she said.

I laughed, "not this time".

We continued to eat and talk until we were done.

"You wanna go on the Ferris Wheel?" I asked her.

"Umm... sure," she said, nervously.

"Scared of heights?"

"Just a little," she said, looking up at the top.

"It'll be fun," I said, smiling.

"Please?" I asked, giving her my pouty face.

"I can't say no to that face," she said.

"Yay!" I said, excitedly like a little kid. We stood in line and we finally got on.

"Ready?" I asked as we sat down.

"Sure," she said.

The ride started turning, and we were slowly going up higher.

"I bet you can see your house from up there," I said.

"Really? I don't think so," she said.

"I'll bet you... a... candy floss. If we can see the house, you have to buy me a candy floss. But if we don't, I'll buy you one," I said.

"It's a deal," she said.

We reached the top and I saw her house.

"Look! There it is," I pointed.

"Dang it, I have to buy you cotton candy now," she said, looking up at me.

I smiled and our eyes connected. We began to lean in closer to each other. We closed our eyes and then our lips met. Her lips were soft and tender, her arms wrapping around my neck and I put my hands around her waist. After a while, we disconnected our lips. She looked away and blushed, making me smile.

"You're so beautiful," I said, making her blush even more.

We got off the Ferris Wheel and agreed to walk around some more. We went down to the beach, and walked on the sand. The water hitting our feet occasionally. We stopped and looked at the sun, watching it disappear into the horizon. I was really thinking about telling her the three words that were stuck in my head every time I was with her, but I felt that it was too soon...