A Slight Mix Up

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Y/N, someone's here to see you," Dad said, shaking my shoulder so I would wake up.

"Hmm?" I questioned, opening my eyes. Dad stepped out of the room and I saw Calum walk up to my bed with a grin on his face.

"Hey, love," he greeted and leaned down to kiss my lips.

"Hey, Cal," I said, smiling. He sat next to me and we continued talking.

"So how's the recording going?" I asked.

"It's good. All we have to do is write new lyrics to a song and then record it."

"You make it sound so easy," I said, slightly laughing.

"I mean, for a bunch of teenage guys, we're pretty productive when it comes to the music department. But enough of the music talk, how does it feel to only have one more day here?" he asked.

"I don't know. I'm gonna miss this really good food and having a public restroom as my own bathroom," I said sarcastically. We continued talking for a couple hours until he had to leave.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said.

"See you later."
Cal's P.O.V.

I jogged to Luke's house and walked down to the basement. No one was there, and it was kinda weird. I texted Luke and Ashton, but they still haven't responded yet. Michael was gonna be late anyway due to that, "being grounded," situation.

Ashton: Luke's not gonna be there. Omw there.

"Strange," I thought.

About half an hour later, Ashton walked down the stairs.

"So where's Luke?"

"Apparently, Aleisha's moving tomorrow, so they're gonna spend their last day together," he explained.

"Are they still gonna be together?"

He shrugged, "I doubt it, most long distance relationships don't work. But, Luke really likes her, so I don't know."

"That sucks."

We kept talking for awhile, and realized we weren't gonna start writing a new song tonight.

"Did you ever decide on dropping out?" he asked.

"Oh, yeah. I'm still thinking about it. I don't know, if we sign with Capitol Records, I'll talk to my parents about it again," I said.

Michael walked down the stairs.

"Sup," he greeted and sat next to us.

"Hey," we both said in unison.

"Where's Luke?"

"Not here," I said.

"He's out with Aleisha," Ashton clarified.

"Why? Bros before h-"

"She's moving today and they wanted to spend time together," Ashton interrupted.

"Oh, that makes sense," Michael said.

We didn't really do anything except talk and mess around a bunch, but it was time for me to go home. I said my, "see ya tomorrow's," and walked home.

~~~

I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing. I groaned and answered.

"Hello?" I asked in a groggy voice, not opening my eyes.

"Calum, we have a problem," Luke said in the other line.

"What's up?" I asked, not very interested in talking to him. I just wanted to sleep.

"We have to be at the place in four hours," he said.

"Mmm... What place?"

"To sign with Capitol Records."
"Mhmm... Wait, what?" I asked, realizing what he just said.

"Jack got the dates wrong."

"How- What- Wait, are you kidding me?"

"Yeah, no. We gotta be there by two," Luke said.

"Goddamn, I'm on my way," I said, hanging up the phone. I got out of bed and got on some pants and a shirt. I went downstairs and started walking to Luke's.

~~~
"Okay, so what're we gonna do about this?" I asked the group.

"Yeah, I don't know. Michael's not even gonna be able to come," Luke said, laying back on the carpeted floor.

"What if we just... Ugh, I don't know," Ashton groaned.

We sat in silence for awhile, looking like a bunch of guys who were having an existential crises, until Luke's phone buzzed. He picked it up, and sat up.

"Do you see what I see?" he asked us.

"Louis Tomlinson noticed us on Twitter?" I asked.

"WE'RE NOT NOBODIES ANYMORE!" Luke jumped up in excitement.

"Dang," Ashton said, shocked.

"Can we just stop, and realize, HOLY SHIT!" I almost yelled.

"Hey, hey, hey, no need to swear," Ashton said.

"Okay, okay," I said, taking a deep breath, "so what are we gonna do about this?"

"I guess all we can do is... show up," Ashton said.

"But can you believe this?" Luke asked us.

~~~

Four hours flew by rather quickly. The three of us were in the back of Luke's mum's car. Liz is what she insisted all of us call her. She's really nice.

"Can you stop at Michael's?" Luke asked. She agreed and drove us there.

"Why are we gonna go there? Michael's not gonna be able to," I said.

"I have a plan," he said.

We got there and Luke got out of the car.

"You gonna come with me?" he asked. Ashton and I got out of the car and followed Luke to a window. He opened the window and crawled in the room.

"Michael, you lazy arse, get up, we have work to do," he said, shaking the mass that was under the covers.

"What is it?" Michael asked.

"Let's go, I'll explain in the car. Can we just go, please?"

"I'm sorry, what exactly does he need us here for?" I asked Ashton.

"Probably to prove some point," he replied. Michael and Luke climbed out the window and we all walked to the car. Luke sat in the front and the rest of us sat in the back.

"Okay, so why did you think it was necessary for you to wake me up during my nap?" Michael asked. Luke explained it all, even the Louis Tomlinson part. By the time he finished explaining, we were there.

"Should I go in with you guys?" Liz asked.

"Yeah, I think we're gonna need a guardian."