A Productive Evening

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Thank you so much, Ashton!" I said, hugging him.

"No problem, I'm glad you worked things out," he said.

"Are you going to talk to Calum?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Well, I should get going, I need to help Mum with some stuff," he said, getting up.

"Okay, thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it," I said.

"No problem, I'll see you around, Y/N," he said, walking out. I went to my room and changed clothes. I can't believe this is happening. Dad changed for the better and I'm actually happy to see him. I texted Cal...

Y/N: Can I come over?

He responded immediately.

Cal: Of course.

I walked to his house and he opened the door.

"Hey," he greeted, a little sadness in his voice.

"Hey, Cal. I need to tell you something," I said. He nodded and we went to his room.

"So... What's up?" he asked.

"Ashton came by and he talked me into calling Dad back," I said, Calum looked up at me.

"And he has decided to move back here," I said.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N," he said, putting his hand on my knee.

"No, it's... actually really good. He came to his senses and everything's okay now," I said with a smile.

"Really?" he asked, a smile growing on his face. I nodded my head.

"I'm so happy for you, Y/N!" he said, hugging me tight.

"Thank you, Cal," I said.

"For what? I made you run away," he said.

"You made me realize that I do run away from my problems," I said. He smiled as we talked about when Dad was coming back and writing new songs for the band.

~~~

We heard a knock on the door, interrupting the movie Calum and I were watching. Calum got up from his bed and went downstairs. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and Calum, Michael, Luke, and Ashton walked in the room.

"Y/N! You're back," Michael said.

"Hey Y/N," Luke greeted.

"Nice to see you again, Y/N," Ashton said. The four joined me in the bed, sitting up and staring at each other in silence.

"So..." I said, breaking the silence.

"What are you guys doing here?" Calum asked.

"To write some music," Luke said.

"Isn't it a little too late for that?" Calum asked.

"Since when do you go to sleep early, Hood?" I asked.

"Something keeping you two up?" Michael asked, moving his eyebrows up and down.

"No, you weirdo, I told you, no sex until marriage," Calum said.

"Ugh, you're no fun," Michael said.

"Guys, music, no sex talk right now. We want to make an original song, not a child," Luke said.

"Alright, alright, don't be so harsh. Do you have any ideas, Luke?" Michael asked.

"Actually, I do," he said.

~~~

"Okay, it's been four hours and we still don't have anything," Ashton said.

"I think we gotta get out of here for some food," Michael said.

"Agreed," I said. Everyone nodded their head in agreement. We got up from the bed and went downstairs, raving through Calum's fridge.

"You have nothing good to eat," Michael whined.

"Excuse me if we don't eat 24/7," Calum said, sarcastically.

After a while, we went back upstairs and continued to try to think of ideas for songs.

"Nothing, we have nothing. C'mon guys, we gotta think of something," Luke said.

"There's nothing motivating us," Ashton said.

"There's that talent thing at school. Wouldn't it be cool if we did an original song?" Luke said.

"Really? But there's so many people," Calum said.

"C'mon, Calum," Luke whined.

"But I have football practice and games," Calum said.

"But you haven't been going recently," I said.

"Hey, don't rat me out," Calum said.

"I do what I want, I'm punk rock," I said.

"Pshh, you're not punk rock. If anyone punk rock, it's me," Michael said.

"Guys, focus," Luke said.

"We're not gonna focus, we have school tomorrow," Michael said.

"Punk rock? Oh yeah, sure," Ashton said, sarcastically.

"What?" Michael asked.

"You barely show up to any of your classes," Calum said.

"But that's for me to decide. Why? Because I'm punk rock," Michael said.

"I guess we're just gonna wait for tomorrow to write this," Luke said.

"I'm gonna go. Mum texted me and needs my help. See you guys later," Ashton said, getting off the bed and walking out of the room.

"Yeah, I don't need to waste my time here. See you guys tomorrow," Michael said, leaving Luke.

"I should get going to," Luke said, getting off the bed.

"See you later," I said as he walked out.

"Damn, what a productive night," Calum said sarcastically.

"I guess I should go to," I said.

"Why?"

"I thought you were getting tired of me".

"Please, I could never get tired of you. Come here," he said. I laid down with him as we cuddled and soon, I fell asleep laying on his chest.