Summer, Dropping Out, and Guitar Centre

~~~a few months later~~~

Y/N's P.O.V.

It's been a few weeks into summer break and I haven't done anything except go over to Calum and Luke's house. Calum and I have gone to the beach a couple times and camping once. Calum, Ashton, Luke, and Michael have posted three covers on their "5 Seconds of Summer" account. My dad still has his job and he hasn't bothered me at all. Overall, this summer is pretty good.

"I think I'm gonna drop out next year," Calum said. We were in his room, sitting on his bed.

"Why?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I think my parents will let me. I mean, they'll probably let me since I have football and I still do want to play football for a living," he said. I kinda forgot he had soccer still, he never talks about it much.

"What about the band? Don't you wanna do that too?" I asked, yawning.

"Well, yeah. But that's a long shot. What are the odds of us, as 5sos, actually making it? I can't see it. At least I have talent in football," Calum said.

"But you have talent in singing, and I bet you could play bass if you really wanted to learn," I said.

"I would learn, but I just don't have the money to buy a bass right now. I need to get a job and it's just so stressful," he said, laying back. I checked the time, 11:26 p.m.

"I should probably get going, I'm tired" I said.

"You could stay the night, it's late," he said.

"I stayed last night, I should go," I said.

"I'll drive you," he said, getting off his bed.

~~~

I'll see you tomorrow?" he asked, walking me to my door.

"Of course," I said. He kissed me and then walked back to his car. I walked in the house and saw dad sleeping on the couch. I closed the door and went to my room, collapsing in my bed. Calum and I pulled an all nighter last night while watching a bunch of movies and gaining 10 pounds, but it was fun.

~~~

I woke up the next morning and checked the time, 10:43 a.m. I got up and did my morning routine, brushing my hair and teeth, showering, and then I went to the kitchen. Dad went to work, I'm guessing, so I just microwaved some waffles for breakfast. I went back to my room and counted my money, seeing if I had enough to buy a bass for Calum. I did. I had exactly $200. I didn't know how to get to a guitar store though, since it was too far to walk.

Y/N: Hey, Mike, can you give me a ride to Guitar Centre?

I waited a couple minutes before he replied.

Mike: Yeah, I'll be there in a few.

I'm surprised his parents never found out he got arrested, I guess he's just good at planning things out. I got my shoes on and walked to the living room. I sat on the couch and watched a couple minutes of (a show you like), waiting for Michael to show up.

He knocked on the door and I turned off the tv. I got my money and opened the door.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," I said as we walked to the car.

"Why didn't you call Calum? He actually has his permit," he said, getting in the car.

"I'm gonna surprise him," I said.

"You have enough money to?" he asked, driving down the road.