Unresponsive

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor or in any medical school or anything like that. So, I'm sorry if what I say is wrong and will make you scream at the top of your lungs, "It's not right! You're wrong as hell!" But, I did do my research... I just skimmed over most of the articles...

Calum's P.O.V.

I ran as soon as I heard Y/N yell. I saw Trevor with a red face and Y/N laying on the ground.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I yelled at him.

"It's a public beach. What's the problem?" he asked.

"What's the problem?!" I asked sarcastically. "The problem is you can't just show up and attack my girlfriend whenever you feel like it! She didn't even do anything wrong. Now, get the fuck out before I beat you up again!" I yelled.

"Whatever," he mumbled, and walked off.

"Y/N," I said, kneeling down. I held her head in my arms.

"Y/N," I said a little louder.

"Why'd y-"

"Get the car keys, we have to get her to a hospital!" I said in panic.

"Ashton has them," Michael said.

"Goddamnit, then I'll call Mum," I said, picking up my phone and dialing her number.

"Mum, pick us up, right now. We're at the beach by the pier," I said frantically.

"Okay, I'll be there in a few minutes," she said. I hung up and lifted Y/N up into my arms, carrying her bridal style, and quickly walked toward the pier.

"What happened?" Michael asked, catching up to me.

"I-I don't really know. I just heard her yell for me and then I saw her laying on the sand with Trevor standing next to her. She's not responding to me though," I said, quickening my steps.

"Do you need me to come with you guys?" he asked.

"No, it's fine. Just... Stay here and explain to everyone why we're gone," I said.

"Okay, text me later, alright?"

"Yeah," I said hurriedly. He walked back to the umbrella as I started to jog back to the pier.

I saw my mum's car pulled up by the sidewalk.

"Is she drunk?" she asked.

"Go to the hospital!" I said, a little louder than I intended. I rested Y/N's head on my thigh and laid her down on the rest of the seats. We were sitting in the backseat of the car.

"That wasn't an answer, but alright then," she said, pulling into the traffic.

"No, Mum. She... I don't know. I heard her scream and when I got to her, she wasn't responsive," I said. She drove faster.

"Okay. Hospital's in three minutes," she said. I played with Y/N's hair and stroked her cheek as we drove.

~~~

"Get her an IV and a heartrate monitor," the doctor said loudly. Mum and I watched as they poked a needle into Y/N's arm and placed leads on her chest.

"She's lacking oxygen!" the doctor yelled, placing a mask on her mouth.

"Excuse me, we're going to need to you step out of the room," the nurse said, placing her hands on my shoulders, leading me out into the hallway.

"No, just let me be with her," I said, trying to get out of the nurse's grip.

"Sir, we'll give you an update once she's stable. We're just trying to help her," she said, pushing me into the hallway. She walked back into the room and closed the door. I tried to peek in, but I couldn't see anything.
"Goddamnit, I should've stayed with her," I thought. I went back and sat next to Mum, and got out my phone. I text Michael...

Cal: Hey, we got to the hospital.

He responded a few minutes later.

Mike: Is she okay?

Cal: Idk, they haven't let me see her yet.

"We have a update on Y/N Y/L/N," the nurse said, holding a clipboard. I got up right away.

"How is she?" I asked.

"She has some trauma in her abdomen, which is when a foreign object may have damaged her abdominal organs. We are checking to see if there is any internal bleeding. Is her parent here?" the nurse asked.

"Uh- no," I said.

"Is there a way we can contact her parent or guardian?" they asked.

"I think I have her phone with her Dad's contact information," I said. I got her phone out of my back pocket and turned it on. I unlocked her phone and went into her Contacts list, seeing "Dad," written on it.

"Okay, her Dad's number is (Insert number here.)" I said.

"Okay, thank you sir," they said and walked away.

"Wait," I said. The nurse turned around.

"Yes?"
"Can I see her?" I asked.

"Not yet, sir. We have to see how major her internal bleeding is before we let anyone in," they said, and walked off again.

I sat back down and nervously shook my leg, digging my fingers into the palm of my hands, waiting for someone to tell me how Y/N was doing.

~~~

"Umm, are you Calum?" I heard someone say. I looked on the ground looked beside me, seeing a pair of grey sneakers. I looked up at the oddly familiar face.

"Mr. Y/L/N?" I said, but it came out as more of a question.

"Y-yeah. So, I just wanted to apologize," he said, sitting in the chair beside me. He continued, "I know I haven't treated you... the best, and I haven't given you a chance, but I'd just like to say, you can date my daughter and I trust you won't hurt her like the last one," he said with a slight smile on his face.

"Thank you, sir. I really appreciate it," I said.

"Please, call me Y/D/N," he said. (Not Ashton this time, I'm sorry.)

"Excuse me, are you Y/N Y/L/N's father?" the nurse asked, coming back into the waiting room. He stood up and walked towards them. I couldn't hear their conversation, and I couldn't read their facial expression.

"Calum? You wanna come?" he asked. I got up and the nurse started to walk down the hallway as we both followed them.

"Here she is," the nurse said. We walked into the room and she left. I kneeled next to Y/N's bed and took her hand in mine, rubbing circles on the palm.

"Did she say she was okay?" I asked.

"They said they managed to stop the internal bleeding in her abdomen, but she was going to be kept under observation for three days to see if any other problems occur," he said. I nodded my head and continued looking at Y/N.

"I'll leave you here with her, I know you wanted to see her," he said, leaving the room.

A few minutes past and Y/N lazily blinked her eyes open.

"Calum?" she asked, sitting up.

"Shh, no, lay back down," I said, getting up all of a sudden.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"My gut kinda hurts like hell, but it's fine," she said. I kissed her forehead.

"Your dad's here," I said.

"Did he yell at you? Cal, I'm s-"

"No, he actually apologized to me. It was kind of nice," I said, smiling.

"Did you make any progress with the recordings?" she asked.

"No, I was waiting to see you," I said.

"But Cal, it's, like, ten o'clock. Do you know how much you could've gotten done?" she said.

"It's alright. I get to see you and you're okay. That's all I needed to know," I said. She smiled her beautiful smile.

"I love you, Cal," she said.

My heart fluttered, "I love you too."