Mom...

Y/N's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of crying. I looked at the time. 5:26 am.

"The hell?" I thought to myself. I got up and followed the sound to my dad's bedroom.

"Dad? Hey, you okay?" I asked as I knocked on the door.

There was no response...

"Dad, I'm coming in," I said as I began to open the door.

"No! Don't come in... I'm... I'm fine," he said.

"Dad... You're not okay. Let me talk to you?" I asked.

"No, Y/N, it's me. I... I just have to get over this," he said.

"Did something happen?"

"Your mother's in the hospital, she's not doing okay. Y/N, even though we divorced, she's still your mom. She's still a part of the family whether I want her to be or not..."

"How'd this happen?" I asked him, a tear slipping down my cheek.

"She has alcohol poisoning. Yesterday, she had a seizure and one of the neighbors in her apartment called an ambulance. She's in the hospital now, unconscious," he explained.

I sat down on the floor, my back against the door. More tears fell down my cheek.

"The doctors don't know if she'll regain consciousness or not. Y/N, I think I should go see her," he said.

"Is that such a good idea? To go back to America to see her? The woman who left us for drinking... You really want to see her?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"Y/N, they're pretty sure she won't make it," he said. That's when I lost it. I began to sob quietly.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked quietly.

"I'll consider staying. Go back to bed, Y/N, you have school in a couple hours".

I got up and walked to my room. I can't believe it... I didn't know her drinking got that bad...